Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

police went to Benoit's wanky home in Fayetteville, Georgia,

I like that mistype. I've decided that I don't actually care, it's not affecting me personally, it's not going to change my life. I will still watch Benoit matches, but I don't think I will actually sit there and think "this man killed his wife, I shouldn't really watch this"
Thank You sir, I've been thinking of a way of how I'm feeling about the situation and you seem to have basically put down what I too have been thinking.

Thankyou for the details on how the Americans use the term physical address. Seems to make sense now that he was just stating where he lived, although it is a rather odd thing for him to be telling people. As I would assume most of his friends would know where he lived?

It's a morbid suggestion, but I think this thread deserves a place in UKFF Gold. It's wrestling history as it happens. People will talk about this for years and years to come and we have a time line of events from his death surfacing and everybody RIP'ing him to the confirmation that he's a double murderer.

I think it should too. I just read everything up to this post and it's given me goosebumps - though not in a nice way obviously. From initial "RIP"s and expressions of shock, to the painful, post-by-post collective realisation of what actually happened, this thread is chilling but history in the making. Kinda reminds me of the various 9/11 archived threads that forums have.I still can't believe this has happened. RIP Daniel and Nancy. As for Chris.. I don't know what I wish. I suppose I hope he can find peace too, free of the severe mental illness that must have blighted his judgement. On the other hand how can I wish that on a man who is believed to his murdered his family? Maybe God is more forgiving.** - sorry for bringing religion into it, I'm not looking for a religious debate here

Just a quick question guys I thought I would put here. Isn't Scott Keith the biggest Benoit fan around? Is he currently working with a website or made any kind of comment to what has happened? I have read a couple of books and if I remember correctly Benoit was his all time fave.

• Paid Members

Just a quick question guys I thought I would put here. Isn't Scott Keith the biggest Benoit fan around? Is he currently working with a website or made any kind of comment to what has happened? I have read a couple of books and if I remember correctly Benoit was his all time fave.

Scott's response is here.

Scott's response is here.
Thanks for that :)

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/detailedbenoittimeline

Below is a detailed WWE/Chris Benoit timeline from Saturday to Monday:Saturday, June 23, 2007Chris Benoit was scheduled to appear at the WWE SmackDown/ ECW live event in Beaumont, Texas3:30pm A co-worker received a voice message from Benoit. The message from Benoit stated he missed his flight and over slept and would be late to the WWE Live Event. The co-worker called Benoit back, Benoit confirmed everything he said in his voice message and sounded tired and groggy. Benoit then stated,

Is it weird that i was listening to a Kevin Sullivan interview when the news first broke? Any way all im gonna say is Benoit the man may have been a fruit loop but Benoit the performer is still one of my favourite wrestlers to watch ever. Although i can understand people not being able to seperate the two, its not like Gary Glitter is apreciated for his musical exploits is it. R.I.P Chris, Nancy, and Daniel.

If he was having problems and let them brew and get worse, then it was entirely his fault. Can't blame WWE at all. Can't blame VinMahon at all. Can't blame Woman.

That's very debatable. There's a million and one ways that WWE can be seen to shoulder some of the blame. The immense pressure put on workers to hang through injuries for example, guaranteeing lives of constant pain/painkiller usage, the insane road schedule etc. etc. not to mention that its hard to think of taking time off if there's bills waiting. So I wouldn't say that's a fair comment.
Vince McMahon himself praised Benoit as someone who recognised these obvious pressures and addressed them. He took a sabbatical around the time Kurt Angle was released IRRC. Yes the job is tough but its tough on every single guy who has ever done it on Benoit's level and nobody has ever done anything this deplorable.