Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Moderators

I haven't tried to watch one of his matches since it happened yet, actually... Just don't really feel inclined!The closest I cam was watching the PPV from that weekend, which was wierd, hearing the crowd chant his name, knowing that at that very moment he was hanging in his basement.

I've watched Benoit matches on DVD since it happened. I haven't gone out of my way to watch any though, they've just been on a show I was watching.

The closest I cam was watching the PPV from that weekend, which was wierd, hearing the crowd chant his name, knowing that at that very moment he was hanging in his basement.

I'd assume the crowd noise has been edited and the MC's announcement of Nitro being Benoit's replacement have been edited on the DVD?

• Paid Members

The latest dirt to come from Fox is that Nancy's mum wants to determine the order that they died so that she can legally claim his inheritance from Benoit's children prior to his marriage with Nancy:

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293391,00.html

• Paid Members

The latest dirt to come from Fox is that Nancy's mum wants to determine the order that they died so that she can legally claim his inheritance from Benoit's children prior to his marriage with Nancy:http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,293391,00.html

I thought it was already known Nancy died first? In any case, I would have thought Nancy's Mum would have some sympathy for the children that were left behind.

• Paid Members

as long as Benoit died last surely she cant have a claim to it. People like that really annoy me, something like this happened in my family and i havent spoken to my brother since the incident, grrrr really makes my blood boil, people just out for themselves, fook everyone else, damn selfish people!!!!!

I can't remember where I read it but according to the law in Georgia, Benoit will automatically be considered to have died first even though he didn't. The idea, I guess being to stop murderers (or their heirs) profiting from their crimes.So with Chris being "dead" the estate would go to Nancy. If she died before Daniel then it would go to him, and then onto his half brother and sister. If Daniel died first it would stay with Nancy and, thus, go to her Parents.While I don't necessarilly agree with what Nancy's family is doing, I do think you are being a bit harsh on them. They have not only lost their Daughter and Grandson under the most appalling circumstances but it's also turned into a massive media story, making it nearly impossible for them to deal with their loss in peace.I don't think their lawsuit will help matters (particularly since it seems clear that Nancy was killed first) but, I've got nothing but sympathy for them, giving what they've been through.

• Paid Members

as long as Benoit died last surely she cant have a claim to it. People like that really annoy me, something like this happened in my family and i havent spoken to my brother since the incident, grrrr really makes my blood boil, people just out for themselves, fook everyone else, damn selfish people!!!!!

I can't remember where I read it but according to the law in Georgia, Benoit will automatically be considered to have died first even though he didn't. The idea, I guess being to stop murderers (or their heirs) profiting from their crimes.So with Chris being "dead" the estate would go to Nancy. If she died before Daniel then it would go to him, and then onto his half brother and sister. If Daniel died first it would stay with Nancy and, thus, go to her Parents.While I don't necessarilly agree with what Nancy's family is doing, I do think you are being a bit harsh on them. They have not only lost their Daughter and Grandson under the most appalling circumstances but it's also turned into a massive media story, making it nearly impossible for them to deal with their loss in peace.I don't think their lawsuit will help matters (particularly since it seems clear that Nancy was killed first) but, I've got nothing but sympathy for them, giving what they've been through.
It was reported that he changed his will to that the beneficiaries became his other kids, if that's the case the money wouldn't have gone to Nancy which ever order they died in. Either way, I don't see why her family feels they are more entitled to his money than his children are. Usually when people do this that have at least some sort of grounds for claim.

It was reported that he changed his will to that the beneficiaries became his other kids, if that's the case the money wouldn't have gone to Nancy which ever order they died in. Either way, I don't see why her family feels they are more entitled to his money than his children are. Usually when people do this that have at least some sort of grounds for claim.
I could easily see why they would feel that way since he killed their daughter which is likely to cause them suffering for years to come.

• Paid Members

I could easily see why they would feel that way since he killed their daughter which is likely to cause them suffering for years to come.

Chris Benoit did, his children didn't. Remember, it's them Nancy's parents want to take from. It's a terrible thing for all concerned, but I think it's selfish of them to be thinking of themselves as if they are the only suffering party. They weren't dependant on Chris Benoit's earnings, however, his other children would have been financially supported by him.

I agree they should be componsated, but they shouldn't be going after the whole estate when they know Benoit had dependents. They don't need the money to live on, the children do.To be fair, I heard that relations between the Benoit's and the Toffolino's were good prior to this, (Michael Benoit met up with them prior to the funeral of Daniel and Nancy). So, I'd think even if they got all the money they would want to make sure Megan and David would be taken care of. But, it probably doesn't matter because, as mentioned before, they don't really have a case anyway on account of all the evidence that indicates Daniel died after Nancy. Edited by Garrett