Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

Until the autopsies are done I think it's best to take a lot of these so-called reports with a pinch of salt, the Police will have a better idea of what actually transpired when all the facts have been established. It's a shame, although unsurprising, that a lot of these wrestling 'news' sites have been exploiting this event by posting stories akin to "my stepbrothers, best friends, retarded, gay uncle delivers donuts to the Police station and he overheard the coffee machine repair guy say that Benoit killed his family".

Once we know he did it for sure we can start asking why.Again I feel there is a lot more to come from this before it's over.

• Paid Members

I was thinking at lunch about whether his peers and such would lose the respect they have for him. I imagine some will, but I actually think it's easier to lose respect if you don't know someone, because the bad stuff quickly overshadows the good.If you did know them and perhaps even loved them, something that was catastrophically bad but out of character might not blot their copy book so much. Then again, how could you ever, ever, ever justify or respect someone who killed their child?

How can you possibly know that he killed his child?
I didn't say he had, it was a general question.

• Paid Members

I was thinking at lunch about whether his peers and such would lose the respect they have for him. I imagine some will, but I actually think it's easier to lose respect if you don't know someone, because the bad stuff quickly overshadows the good.If you did know them and perhaps even loved them, something that was catastrophically bad but out of character might not blot their copy book so much. Then again, how could you ever, ever, ever justify or respect someone who killed their child?

The way I see it, I have quite a few mates, but only a very small group who I would consider myself really close to, people I've known most of my life. If anyone of those got themselves into a situation, whatever it was, I'd stand by them and hope they would me. If something happens that results in you killing your family, at that point surely you need help more than anything?Something I've been thinking about alot, is the stories that say Daniel was killed on the Sunday evening. Some reports have suggested that Chris Benoit sent these text messages on Sunday morning. If all that's correct, then if someone had acted sooner, whether that be the person who got the texts or the police it was reported to, both Daniel and Chris may still be alive. I just can't seem to shift that though.

• Paid Members

Something must have happened that put him over the edge. His wife was playing away, or wanted a divorce something along those lines and Benoit Snapped. Something must have caused him to go ape shit.

Yeah, probably her fault ain't it :rolleyes:
Totally unnecessary response.

• Paid Members

What i'm saying is, the parents wouldn't have killed the kid.I can understand Chris killing his wife or whatever, but why is the kid dead? The kid has to be involved in whatever situation occured.

It could be anything. Chris may have got bad news from home, had a huge fight with Nancy and this time, the fight went too far. Chris was guilty and decided to kill himself. He didnt want his son to see this, so he quietly suffocated him.Maybe Nancy cheated on him, Maybe Nancy wanted a divorce, Maybe Chris wanted a divorce and they fought.It could be anything, its fucking grim and this is the last time I am speculating.The worst thing is we will probably find out that Chris killed his son and wife, then killed himself. But we wont know why or what the circumstances were when he did this. How did Sherri die, does anyone really know why Awesome hung himself? This is awful. I'll wait till we get more information.I wont be burning my Benoit dvds just yet.

• Moderators

Something must have happened that put him over the edge. His wife was playing away, or wanted a divorce something along those lines and Benoit Snapped. Something must have caused him to go ape shit.

Yeah, probably her fault ain't it :rolleyes:
Totally unnecessary response.
Not really. There's a really weird and disturbing trend where people seem desperate to put her at fault so that they can get to keep their hero. The post I quoted might not have been made in that spirit, but there is an awful lot of it here. As though if it's discovered Nancy killed the kid and Benoit killed her, it becomes less of a tragedy.edit - To derail a bit, did anything come out about how Sherri died yet? Meltzer made some cryptic post soon after it happened about it not being a usual wrestling death, was there anything in the following WON? Edited by Sickboy

by Dave Meltzer

Dave@wrestlingobserver.com

The lack of an understandable explanation to the circumstances of the death of Chris, Nancy and Daniel Benoit has left virtually the entire wrestling community reeling.

Within WWE, the obvious questions and lack of answers are no different from fans and most of his long-time friends.

Vince McMahon was the inspiring general both to the wrestlers as well as the office staff all day yesterday. He held it together and was a rock of strength for much of the talent, which because of their admiration and in many cases love for Benoit, were saddened, perplexed and having an incredibly difficult time dealing with it.

Vince made the decision to run Smackdown and ECW tapings tonight without any angles or backstage storylines. The show will consist of straight wrestling matches and like last night, the original shows were scrapped. The attempt to put together a show was difficult because the crew and creative staff were said to be both emotionally and physically wrecked after yesterday.

The belief is they will brief viewers on what happened early in the show, and then product two low key shows of nothing but matches.

Best way to do it IMO.

Source: PWInsider.comWWE has pulled all Chris Benoit merchandise from their Shopzone web site. Obviously this was done in reaction to the recent news regarding the Benoit family tragedy. If you search Benoit