Chris Benoit dead

Scorpion_Deathlock

• Paid Members

i know i'm rumour mongering BUT stole this from dvdr board which stole it from TMZ.com, could be completely false, so i dont think anybody should take this as fact, though it will give the people in denial something to cling to...

From TMZ.com464. My second cousin is an officer with GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) and what he's heard in his circle is that Chirs Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room appearantly suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a seperate relationship), and his fans. He then fasioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the ballaster in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home.also, http://www.11alive.com/video/player.aspx?aid=74565&bw=

Doesn't add up. Why would nancy want to kill Daniel?
I don't know. Why would Chris want to kill Daniel?For the record, I'm not pointing the blame at either.
I want to believe that theres an outside party involved, but theres no evidence, or even reports of evidence, of a struggle or anything like that.
Just a quick note on this, I know there is goin to be lots of thing reported as fact, I haven't gone throught the whole thread cause im at work at the min but Benoit missed the Sat nite house show as well so the above story is pretty flawed to begin with, think its just someone trying to sell something as fact, also the TMZ website is notorious for reporting everything as 'Fact'

• Paid Members

I was thinking at lunch about whether his peers and such would lose the respect they have for him. I imagine some will, but I actually think it's easier to lose respect if you don't know someone, because the bad stuff quickly overshadows the good.If you did know them and perhaps even loved them, something that was catastrophically bad but out of character might not blot their copy book so much. Then again, how could you ever, ever, ever justify or respect someone who killed their child?

My Hubby just pointed out that whilst its all very tragic - we did sit down and over last nights curry watched 2 hours of the crime channel - all documentaries about average people who at some point or other killed strangers/loved ones/families/friends for completely random reasons. One man pushed his wife off the grand canyon because it was easier than getting a divorce. Bad stuff happens, and im not comparing - but it happens a lot - and none of us know what was going through Benoits head as events unfolded. It might only be a small straw that breaks the camels back - but it happens... if this were normal old joe public no one would care aside from the families involved.I can't remember who it was who posted earlier about it being a morbid fascination - but its true.(as an afterthought - i like the word hyperbole)

I can understand where you're coming from carolann but Benoit didn't seem like the type to just go berzerk and kill people. I mean, some of the stuff fans used to chant at him and he never reacted to it..

• Paid Members

Fox News finally got around to the Benoit piece, including an interview with that journalist from Atlanta who has had his report posted here several times

Fox News is testament to how bad American TV is.Too many ad breaks! Too much hyping one story then going to another, and that crappy piece of music we need to listen to when the deficit between US and UK TV hits.. arggh!Back on topic though, report didn't really tell us anything we didn't allready know. But highlighting what might be the bizzare nature of this.

Just found this...

CNN is reporting that two weeks prior to the tragic events of thisweekend, concerned WWE fans and fans of Chris Benoit called a localAtlanta news channel inquiring about the death of Benoit. CNN is unable tosay where the rumor started but say it is an eerie coincidence to say theleast. (I had not heard any such rumor and am quite surprised that CNNwould mention it.)Toxicology results will be in by 1:00PM EST and while police are almostpositive it was a double murder-suicide, they are not ruling out any othercause of death in the case.For those interested, CNN will be covering the toxicology results as soonas they become public.Again, to refresh, two weeks PRIOR to this weekend, fans called a localAtlanta news channel asking if they knew any information on the death ofBenoit.

Anyone get the feeling CNN (Who've only JUST started reporting on this) has gotten the Mr McMahon storyline confused with this one?

I was thinking at lunch about whether his peers and such would lose the respect they have for him. I imagine some will, but I actually think it's easier to lose respect if you don't know someone, because the bad stuff quickly overshadows the good.If you did know them and perhaps even loved them, something that was catastrophically bad but out of character might not blot their copy book so much. Then again, how could you ever, ever, ever justify or respect someone who killed their child?

I understand where you are coming from but we don't know how mixed up Benoit got towards the end and the reason why he commited such a crime. I purely believe that he was having an argument with his wife and grabbed her, now chris was a strong guy and he went too far she suffocated. He then lost it and went ape shit killing the kid and himself. What is important now, is for the world to remember what a fine wrestler Chris was, and a fine person before this happened.

My Hubby just pointed out that whilst its all very tragic - we did sit down and over last nights curry watched 2 hours of the crime channel - all documentaries about average people who at some point or other killed strangers/loved ones/families/friends for completely random reasons. One man pushed his wife off the grand canyon because it was easier than getting a divorce. Bad stuff happens, and im not comparing - but it happens a lot - and none of us know what was going through Benoits head as events unfolded. It might only be a small straw that breaks the camels back - but it happens... if this were normal old joe public no one would care aside from the families involved.I can't remember who it was who posted earlier about it being a morbid fascination - but its true.(as an afterthought - i like the word hyperbole)

I can understand where you're coming from carolann but Benoit didn't seem like the type to just go berzerk and kill people. I mean, some of the stuff fans used to chant at him and he never reacted to it..
Point taken - but everyone has a breaking point and maybe he reached his. In the news a couple weeks ago was the story of that banking executive who just lost it and beat his two year old daughter to death. In hindsight people were saying "oh he was under a lot of stress" but hindsight has the benefit of being 20/20. In the next few weeks (and probably already) lots of people will talk about how Benoit was acting out of his usual character or they thought somethign was wrong.

IF Benoit had killed his wife on the one day, why didn't his child do anything about it. Didn't he find the body and ring 911 like mummy and daddy had always told him to? 9i'm sure they've probably taught their son what to do in an emergency. Currently, the Benoit killed his wife who killed Daniel story looks a bit more likely to me, although, as everyone has said, this is jsut speculation and we should really wait until the real report comes out.

• Moderators

What is important now, is for the world to remember what a fine wrestler Chris was, and a fine person before this happened.

Yeah but thats why I think people are so shocked from this. Everyone thought they knew he was fine person, and now people are faced with the prospect that maybe they didn't know him at all.

How can you possibly know that he killed his child?Seriously...fuck off.The other forum's I'm part of have stopped people from speculating...I wish the mods in this place would do the same.

• Paid Members

I think carolann brings up a good example with the other people who kill loved ones all the time and nobody says anything - although I have a slightly different take on it. It goes to illustrate how much love and affection we all have for our favourite superstars, be it wrestling, footie or whatever. If this was a case that was reported on the news or on some Forensic Crime Scene show that didnt involve Benoit, people would just automatically assume that the killer was an evil bastard to be able to carry out such a deed. Because its Benoit (or anyone we know for that matter, if it happened with Steven Gerrard in the morning it would be the same) people spend a lot of effort and thought into trying to find reasons why it might have happened or blindly ignore evidence and such. We dont know what Chris Benoit was capable of in his personal life, so to say that "it doesnt add up" or "Benoit doesnt seem the type" is just silly, cause you wouldnt afford that same luxury to some Joe Nobody you read about in the paper or see on the news.

Edited by neil