The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

• Awards Moderator

That gets you 2 x ~s. One for Echobelly (bought their best of earlier in the year after completely forgetting about them), and one for Shine compilations - they were fantastic!

That gets you 2 x ~s. One for Echobelly (bought their best of earlier in the year after completely forgetting about them), and one for Shine compilations - they were fantastic!

'King Of The Kerb' was alright but the EGO album was pretty average compared to the leading lights of the same genre at that time (Garbage, Elastica, Sleeper, Dubstar) Speaking of the Dubstar, Lacuna Coil do a really good cover of 'Stars'. Will dig it out and upload it this week.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm with Baz, this thread needs new life.

I recently got a paid so a big pile of CD's arrived as a result. Here be a couple of highlights for the time being. Let me know if i've monged anything up linkwise as I have a habit of doing:

The Bees - Got To Let Go

Really like this, it's like a hip hop bed with some occasional "normal" vocals over the top.

Mark Ronson - Apply Some Pressure

The whole album is a serious contender for my AOTY but I love the horns towards the end of the song. Maximo Park cover if you hadn't guessed.

Apollo 440 - Stadium Parking Lot

Picked up Gettin' High On Your Own Supply as part of the binge and it's a cool album. This song's more rap leaning than DnB with what sounds like The Beastie Boys rapping on near the start. Maybe a bit close to nu metal but still a decent tune.

• Paid Members

Cunnin Lynguists - Mic Like a Memory.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/ty5xgp

Loving this at the moment. Ambient bleepiness with trippy horns but melodic rather than the seemingly random noise that makes up much of the music in this style. Lyrics are typical indie rap introspection. Love the scratched hook also.

There's a song on my myspace called Remember Us 3:14...by a British singer called Dean walker who's originally fron Huyton, Liverpool but now resides in the US.

Anyway he wrote this song about the hillsborough disaster he final minute before the official 3:15 cutoff point on the day..

and its a bit of a grower and includes a bit of scouser tommy as well.

http://download.yousendit.com/6EF3FE13631B467C

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the first time I've ever heard anything by Pendulum and it's really good, it's the sort of thing The Prodigy should still be doing.

The file is down.Pendulum are ok, their song Slam was MASSIVE, you must have heard that before! As for you Prodigy accussation, firstly Prodigary aren't a D'n'B outfit like Pendulum secondly Prodigy are far far superior.Modeselektor - HasirReally like the tune with its fuzzy electronica feel.

• 2 weeks later...