The Song Of The Day Thread

Mr. Seven

Steve Jablonsky - 'Ray's Theme'

I don't know how the UKFF feels about bombastic orchestral music but after downloading the Steamboy (an amazing film btw) soundtrack yesterday I've been listening to this track virtually non-stop. You probably need to have seen the movie to get the full effect from this track but having seen the film at least a dozen times this song gives me chills every time, the only bad thing about it is that it's far too short.

Check it out.

• 2 weeks later...

There's a song on my myspace called Remember Us 3:14...by a British singer called Dean walker who's originally fron Huyton, Liverpool but now resides in the US.Anyway he wrote this song about the hillsborough disaster he final minute before the official 3:15 cutoff point on the day..

Can I ask what you mean by this?

There's a song on my myspace called Remember Us 3:14...by a British singer called Dean walker who's originally fron Huyton, Liverpool but now resides in the US.Anyway he wrote this song about the hillsborough disaster he final minute before the official 3:15 cutoff point on the day..

Can I ask what you mean by this?
3:15pm is the official cutoff time the coroner said the fans were dead by.i think its widely accepted the coroner is wrong though

• 2 weeks later...

Boosting this back up to share with you all the wonders of 12 Stone Toddler. I was introduced to them late last year and have just picked up the album, which is rather cool. They mix a rock/metally sound with blues, funk and swing and the result is pretty fantastic. The vocalist at times sounds very Mike Patton, particularly in the 3rd song here, and they carry the stong bassline of FNM in several songs also. Here be a wee selection for you to enjoy:

12 Stone Toddler - Twang

12 Stone Toddler - The Rabbit

12 Stone Toddler - Precious Cargo

There's a good chance i've monged up at least one of the links as I usually seem to do so let me know if something doesn't work.