Mike Awesome Dead

ReturnOfTheMack

• Paid Members

Working in an estate agents must be a big drop from popping crowds full of excited fans. Maybe it was too huge a drop.I dont know, heart attack would have been sad, but suicide is fucking tragic. Seeing him smiling in a suit is pretty upsetting.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rest in Peace Mike. The strangest thing happened today as I woke up thinking about great nicknames for MMA fighters (strange I know) and the one I that I thought would be best was 'The Career Killer' like Mike Awesome had briefly in WCW. Then I come online to see this.A much undervalued wrestler (particularly by WWE). Such a shame.

• Paid Members

Fuck, this is happening FAR to often.Damn shame, I always loved to watch him throw people around. Very sad.RIP

Cant believe it! he was one of my favuorite guys especially in his FWM/ECW days.His match at ONS was, well AWESOME!!!He had a lot going for him and he had a ton of money from his AOL/Time Warner contract, it was well over a million dollars.Plus he could easily have gone back to Japan and made a decent amount of cash.I know he had a family, im guessing maybe its like what happened to Crash Holly and thats y he did it but i really dont know.RIP Mike.

Bryan Alvarez was discussing on the Bryan & Vinny show that it's been said many times, partcually by Chris Nowinski, that multiple concussions can cause severe depression. An American Footballer comit suicide recently and it was linked to concussions.

Bryan Alvarez was discussing on the Bryan & Vinny show that it's been said many times, partcually by Chris Nowinski, that multiple concussions can cause severe depression. An American Footballer comit suicide recently and it was linked to concussions.

I read about that recently. Its all to do the neurological consequences of mild head trauma. Also concussion can cause sleep problems and make people highly irritable in the following days leading to depression. God knows how many mild concussions pro wrestlers (especially those on the indy scene looking to make a name for themselves) are suffering in the average month but a compound of it is simply terrifying.

Guest tnoddings

Major shocker. Was only watching ONS on Sunday night and my friend mentioned on the way to Leeds last week that he'd like to see Awesome in TNA. Total shame, goodnight big man.

This is a damn shame.While I usually go against anyone comitting suicide, especially someone with children depending on them I can't help but think that someone with so much going for them must have had a serious problem to have done this.

:omg: I was only asking the other day "Whatever happened to Mike Awesome?"It's a sad and tragic happening when someone feels at the point of such total despair that they choose to take their own life.Perhaps being away from the ring REALLY is too much for some wrestlers to handle!RIP Mike.Thanks for the memories big man!