Mike Awesome Dead

ReturnOfTheMack

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loved his ECW run. Thought he and ironically Bam Bam where the two guys who got over as monsters/killers. Even his WCW stuff was great in a Wrestlecrappy sort of way i.e. His morph from the Career Killer into the Fat Chick Thriller or That 70's Guy. I think Million$Body is possibly right. Maybe he struggled to find the high he got from wrestling in his day-to-day life. Always liked Awesome and suicide is such a tragic way to go.

Watched his shoot video the other day, and he did really come across as a really nice guy, only bashing Vampiro, DDP, Luger, Heyman and Russo. Even then he still said Russo was a nice enough guy, just punished him with lame gimmicks for being Hogan's friend.Does suck that 2 out of the 3 most agile big man ever have gone this year. As someone said earlier, lets hope Vader doesn't make it a clean sweep. RIP Big Man

• Paid Members

I'll always remember his WCW. I didn't mind his 70s Guy gimmick at all. Thought he was a good worker too.It was good that he left that match at ONS 2005 as our final memory.RIP Mike. :(

I watched the ONS match yesterday. Its pretty creepy, hearing Joey shout that he hopes Awesome lands on his head and dies.Was he mentioned at all on ECW this week? Anyone know what day ECW is shown late over here? (I dont think ive watched it since week 4).

I'll always remember his WCW. I didn't mind his 70s Guy gimmick at all. Thought he was a good worker too.It was good that he left that match at ONS 2005 as our final memory.RIP Mike. :(

I watched the ONS match yesterday. Its pretty creepy, hearing Joey shout that he hopes Awesome lands on his head and dies.Was he mentioned at all on ECW this week? Anyone know what day ECW is shown late over here? (I dont think ive watched it since week 4).
This weeks show was dedicated to Mike Awesome. It's funny how ONS he was made to look like a monster who ripped ECW off but since he died, people are feeling sorry for him. I bet Joey Styles and Paul E was emotional when they heard about this.

Before I even knew the full story (i.e. Awesome was owed a ton of money from ECW) I always thought Styles was overly harsh at the first One Night Stand. It was as if he was the first person to jump to another company for more money.He went to WCW for financial security, and he did the admirable thing and dropped the title - what more could you ask from him?

Before I even knew the full story (i.e. Awesome was owed a ton of money from ECW) I always thought Styles was overly harsh at the first One Night Stand. It was as if he was the first person to jump to another company for more money.He went to WCW for financial security, and he did the admirable thing and dropped the title - what more could you ask from him?
Didn't he try and take the ECW Title onto nitro but a federal injuction stopped him?

Didn't he try and take the ECW Title onto nitro but a federal injuction stopped him?
According to his shoot, he had no intention of taking the belt to WCW. He states that he would have been happy to drop the title cleanly in a proper hard hitting match, if ECW had let him, to Rhino as he was the only guy he trusted to not try to injure him.