Mike Awesome Dead

ReturnOfTheMack

I am genuinely, genuinely gutted at this news. Mike Awesome/The Gladiator was one of my favourite wrestlers (I was even wearing my Mike Awesome t-shirt the other day!) and participated in countless enjoyable matches. I felt saddened when he retired from the business, but that's nothing compared to this.RIP, Mr Awesome, you shall be sorely missed.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

R.I.P. Mike you truely were Awesome. His match at ECW One Night Stand, with Tanaka was one of the best matches i've ever seen. Mike Awesome was truely the man. I can remember watching his matches back in the day when the original ECW was going. Before WWE killed it. Such a shame, that's 2 big names gone in the space of a month. 1st Bam Bam Bigelow and now Mike Awesome. It truely is tragic.Again R.I.P.

Having seen his real estate profile and by judging the kind of man Mike was I feel the need to compel my sympathy just one more time. Is this a case of retired athlete syndrome? After it's all over, unless you're still getting a taste of what you loved (or gave so much of your life too) then going back to normal life sometimes isn't enough.RIP Mike

RIP Big Man