Anarchy Pro Wrestling owner revealed

Psygnosis

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dangerous Dave

So, some popular and well promoted shows draw about 1 thousand people. Why on Earth has Sprules booked a venue that holds 3000? What is the man thinking? Honestly.

• Paid Members

Is it really that bloody important to be "over" that you'll accept a booking from someone like Sprules?

Hence why Sprules contacted them using the assumed name of Andy Bailey. Also, WAW have drawn over 1,000 to their shows, and I think WZW have also done so.

• Paid Members

"Which ECW star do you want in APW?"Has he ever been this bad?Terry Funk is under a WWE contract I think, And he is 60 years old and yet he's going to contact him, And......bah I give up.

Is he? I figured it was just for a few shows leading into One Night Stand and a Legends deal for merchandising and stuff. I'm guessing he could still work Indies?That aside, they really are dreaming if they think that ANY ex-ECW guy whose last name isn't Angle can sell out a 3000 seater arena over here. With all due respect, I don't think any of those guys have enough drawing power to make it worth the cost of bringing them over, especially since they might try and get more than their usual rate out of Sprules.And, if they are serious about booking New Jack then they better make sure they've got enough money to pay him. I don't really see him being the type of guy to go "Oh, well, they're upset and they said that they'd square me up later. I'll just take their word for it". "Calm and Reasonable" aren't the first words I'd associate with him.Also, a thought occurs to me. How many times did the original ECW actually draw 3000 fans to a show? From what I remember in PowerSlam their attendences were always in the 1,000 to 1,500 area? Am I right?

• Paid Members

ECW did 3000 a few times. Their monthly averages in the post-Barely Legal era ranged from 900-2000.I'm not sure why we are discussing Sprules booking an ECW guy. There's no apparant serious prospect of him getting anyone, it's just a bullshit poll he's put up, presumably under the impression a tiny internet forum only visited by people who'd likely buy tickets anyway is a good form of market research for working out who would sell tickets to a 3,000+ seater building in Coventry. It's about as useful and relevant as me posting a poll as to which of the past 10 Playmates of the Year I should allow to fellate me tonight.

In the same guise as dectective Sprules I've donned my dearstalker and done some research into this whole APW. First off, the venue. The two people I spoke to have no assured me that there is no booking for any promotion called APW at the Coventry Skydome, they haven't heard of Andrew Baily, Kriss Sprules, or "venture capitalist Charles Buchan". Furthermore, there is no wrestling booked at the venue at all at this time, including Saturday 16th June. From reports, it would seem that there has been no wrestling group shown any interest in booking the Dome for months.On the talent basis, Joe Legend had a phone conversation, and is interested in working the date, though is now only aware of who Andrew Baily really is. Brent Albright has had brief e-mails with "Baily", these are yet to transpond into flights being booked, dates confimed, etc. Again, Albright was unaware of Sprules' dubious past. Nor did he provide the following soundbite used by Sprules in a "press" release: Brent Albright: