Anarchy Pro Wrestling owner revealed

Psygnosis

• Paid Members

Scott Future is no backyarder. I don't know too much about him, but I do know he trained at the Hart's Dungeon at some point, and was the trainer for one of RBW's schools until early-mid 2004.I've only seen him wrestle once (against Alan Kilby), and whilst far from being the star of that show, he was far from being awful.Having said that though, he's not a drawing name. For reasons unbeknownst to me, he's massively unpopular in some circles, and in a thread on the old TWC forums about who was the worst wrestler, someone nominated him, along with a tirade of abuse to follow it up.

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my questions is this - why do people announce shows before you can buy tickets? I mean whats the point in saying "we are having a show at the sky dome, ticket information to follow" - I mean doesnt that just put uncertainty there straight from the get go? I want to know all the details of a show straight away, or im getting suspicious! That said, I dont want to just be too negative, I hope it works out. Also, are there any other big U.S or international stars scheduled for this show? Someone said it costs 12k to hire the sky dome... is that true!?

Edited by marge

• Paid Members

Scott Future is no backyarder. I don't know too much about him, but I do know he trained at the Hart's Dungeon at some point, and was the trainer for one of RBW's schools until early-mid 2004.I've only seen him wrestle once (against Alan Kilby), and whilst far from being the star of that show, he was far from being awful.Having said that though, he's not a drawing name. For reasons unbeknownst to me, he's massively unpopular in some circles, and in a thread on the old TWC forums about who was the worst wrestler, someone nominated him, along with a tirade of abuse to follow it up.

I've seen Scott Future wrestle twice for IWW in 2002 (a matinee show, then the evening show) and he was DREADFUL. e.g He blew a spot, then shrugged it off as if to blame his opponent (eh, Michael Kovac!), thus drawing attention to it. He also attempted a legdrop from the 2nd rope, and appeared so afraid/hesitant, he didn't let go of the rope with his left arm, and fell all awkward. Needless to say he wasn't brought back, and I've yet to see him on the line-up of any UK show - which could be just a co-incidence, because surely someone books him?

I've seen Scott Future wrestle twice for IWW in 2002 (a matinee show, then the evening show) and he was DREADFUL. e.g He blew a spot, then shrugged it off as if to blame his opponent (eh, Michael Kovac!), thus drawing attention to it. He also attempted a legdrop from the 2nd rope, and appeared so afraid/hesitant, he didn't let go of the rope with his left arm, and fell all awkward. Needless to say he wasn't brought back, and I've yet to see him on the line-up of any UK show - which could be just a co-incidence, because surely someone books him?
Your right its strange how this is the second so called 'supershow' he is booked on and yet you will be hard pressed to find his name pop up in any promotion that gets any sort of mention on the net.Perhaps he just kisses the right arses?

• Paid Members

This video montage shows how awkward he moves in the ring: http://www.scottfuture.com/videoshowcase.php

Hesitatant, awkward, & sloppy. His "splash" at 24 secs is a prime example - he lands perfectly on his feet first!

He also seems to work a lot of empty halls, which is why most people probably haven't heard of him. I guess he'll be right at home in APW!

• Paid Members

This video montage shows how awkward he moves in the ring: http://www.scottfuture.com/videoshowcase.phpHesitatant, awkward, & sloppy. His "splash" at 24 secs is a prime example - he lands perfectly on his feet first!He also seems to work a lot of empty halls, which is why most people probably haven't heard of him. I guess he'll be right at home in APW!

To be fair, I think that attempted Frog Splash was not entirely his fault, how big was the ring?, it looked like a similar one used at the "Big Time American Wrestling" shows.

Instead of everybody standing back saying "this will fail" etc why doesn't somebody who has the ability and know-how step in and say "Since you're hell bent on going ahead with this, rather than watch it crash, burn and kill another venue, I'll teach you how to do things the right way"? I'm not a promoter and I don't know one, but there are lot's of people connected to this forum who are.

I've asked for advice, and taken all of the advice I was offered. I'm always open to genuine advice if people are forthcoming with it.
Don't do it, just walk away and try something else. Leave the Promoting to those who know and give Ricky Knight's contact details to your investor. ---As for anyone agreeing to work for Sprules, this is for you:It's bad enough that people take a pay day to work a tribute show without people like you agreeing to work for a Promoter such as Sprules. It's workers such as yourselves who allow these shitehawk fly by night wannabe, but will neverbe, promoters to keep bloody well coming along. Instead of working for people like Sprules, take the night off and rest up/pop some more pain killers (whatever is your want) and think about the fact that you probably already put your bodies through enough pointless stress without doing it for an idiot who obviously has no respect for the business. Is it really that bloody important to be "over" that you'll accept a booking from someone like Sprules?---On a side note. I remember Scott Future contacting me when I was booking SCW's first show. He wasn't a "name", though had been connected with WrestleXpress, so I asked him for a video/dvd/promotional material...fuck anything...and nothing was forthcoming, so I didn't pursue the booking much really. Of course, I could be wrong and you'll find I put press releases announcing him and everything on the site...my memory of certain things is vague at best, I can't even list the shows in the correct order.

• Paid Members

shitehawk fly by night wannabe

TsuMirren, you consistently come up with some of the best expressions I've ever heard. I love this one, and I'm adding it to my list, which includes your classic "ballyhoobyjumbo".

This video montage shows how awkward he moves in the ring: http://www.scottfuture.com/videoshowcase.phpHesitatant, awkward, & sloppy. His "splash" at 24 secs is a prime example - he lands perfectly on his feet first!He also seems to work a lot of empty halls, which is why most people probably haven't heard of him. I guess he'll be right at home in APW!

Are those the HIGHLIGHTS? WOW!

Other than the touring WWE is there any promotion in Britain that draws in the thousands?

Only Pippa L'Vinn shows ;) Seriously, All Star drew over a 1,000 on Sunday in Croydon. ROH drew over a 1,000 in Liverpool last year whilst 1PW did the figure at the Doncaster Dome. Edited by Phil Jones

Other than the touring WWE is there any promotion in Britain that draws in the thousands?

Only Pippa L'Vinn shows ;) Seriously, All Star drew over a 1,000 on Sunday in Croydon. ROH drew over a 1,000 in Liverpool last year whilst 1PW did the figure at the Doncaster Dome.
Hammerlock drew a gen 1000 to Bedworth Civic Hall way back when, headlined by me and Psycho vs Gary Steele and Paul Vault. MPW drew 400 to Road to Glory. SWA draw like wildfire every month.It CAN be done. You've just got to, you know, PROMOTE.Majik