Anarchy Pro Wrestling owner revealed

Psygnosis

Just because I feel like adding to this laughfest..I know that Sprules plans on using a backyarder for his 2nd show.He's got a kid who's "loyal" to him and convinced he's "turned over a new leaf", who he wants to give a shot. The kid in question has had a handful of pro training sessions and is far, FAR from being ready for a "rumble spot" let alone a match on the card, which is what Sprules had in mind.Sexy.

Any chance ya can say who it is?

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Dirk Gently

Since trying to do something positive and entertain the British wrestling fans is a crime.

This thread has been entertaining enough, there's no need to run a show now.

• Paid Members

Isn't it a fact that the only way to put on shows in large venues is to toil and gain experences from smaller shows.

Not necessarily. e.g. The 2nd ever IWW show was in a 2500 seater venue, and drew 1200 w/ Jake Roberts as the main draw. Made a tidy profit too. What about Revival - wasn't that a one off? It takes good business sense & a reaslitic budget, but there's no hard & fast rules that say you have to be promoting small halls for a few years beforehand - sure; that would be of benefit, but not necessary as long as you accurately know what costs are involved in running a big venue. Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

He even hired Tom Campbell (The commentator of the Biggun in Wigan who mocked him along with the dozens of others) to be a commentator for APW!, I dont think Tom had a clue it was actually Kriss Sprules judging by his response on the forum. But the dust has settled between them, and is willing to give it a shot.

Edited by Shockmaster

• Paid Members

He even hired Tom Campbell (The commentator of the Biggun in Wigan who mocked him along with the dozens of others) to be a commentator for APW!

WTF?? why would he do that?Sprules baffles me - for years he made insults about Alex Shane, then he booked him and made him OPWO champion! Now the 3rd guy who made that Sprules/Tyler match famous, and totally took the piss out of Sprules, gets booked too! :confused:

Isn't it a fact that the only way to put on shows in large venues is to toil and gain experences from smaller shows.

Not necessarily. e.g. The 2nd ever IWW show was in a 2500 seater venue, and drew 1200 w/ Jake Roberts as the main draw. Made a tidy profit too. What about Revival - wasn't that a one off? It takes good business sense & a reaslitic budget, but there's no hard & fast rules that say you have to be promoting small halls for a few years beforehand - sure; that would be of benefit, but not necessary as long as you accurately know what costs are involved in running a big venue.
Fair enoughThe thing is if there is any hope for Kris it's going to staring at zero and going up some can do one off shows but Kriss well...it's Kriss.

• Paid Members

Alex Shane couldn't fill the Skydome with a far superior card

Myself & Alex did fill the Skydome though, in March 2005 (International Showdown, Legit 3,409 attendance), which was a roaring success in every manner - line-up, attendance, reviews, production, DVD sales, profit, fan slam, and overall show quality.
True, but I had Uproar in mind when I said that as I didn't go to Showdown. Uproar had Kobashi, Foley, Sandman, Low Ki etc.. and had a noticable abundance of unoccupied chairs. Joe Legend, fresh from his exposure on ITV, had a somewhat unspectacular mid-card match with D'Lo.No disrespect to Joe's abilities, but over a year later, without the mainstream coverage, he's not a name that will get people flocking to see it.

Just because I feel like adding to this laughfest..I know that Sprules plans on using a backyarder for his 2nd show.He's got a kid who's "loyal" to him and convinced he's "turned over a new leaf", who he wants to give a shot. The kid in question has had a handful of pro training sessions and is far, FAR from being ready for a "rumble spot" let alone a match on the card, which is what Sprules had in mind.Sexy.

Any chance ya can say who it is?
If he's a backyarder, are we likely to have heard of him anyway?

• Paid Members

if there is any hope for Kris

Let's not get carried away - we all know there is no hope for Kris.Mark my words now: THIS EVENT WILL NOT GO AHEAD IN THE SKYDOME. Call it intuition, or call it 'brick in the face' obvious, but mark my words, dammit! It won't happen and fail - it just won't happen.

if there is any hope for Kris

Let's not get carried away - we all know there is no hope for Kris.Mark my words now: THIS EVENT WILL NOT GO AHEAD IN THE SKYDOME. Call it intuition, or call it 'brick in the face' obvious, but mark my words, dammit! It won't happen and fail - it just won't happen.
Hang on herbie arent you supposed to be suportive of all brit wrestling???? with yer channel????he could have a smash hit show......!!!!!!ok ill drop the sarcasm

• Paid Members

True, but I had Uproar in mind when I said that as I didn't go to Showdown. Uproar had Kobashi, Foley, Sandman, Low Ki etc.. and had a noticable abundance of unoccupied chairs.

I know you were referring to Uproar, but I was just pointing out that it is possible to fill a big venue when all the factors I listed are in place. IMO, Uproar had bad timing, bad luck, no selling point as good as Showdowns (most of the names had alraedy been over at Showdown), and they didn't have TWC to run ads on non-stop for 3 months! Those were obviously factors that contributed to the empty seats.And I honestly believe, that without ALL of these factors, you cannot run a big venue (3000+ seater) profitabley in the current wrestling market, unless you're WWE.

GREAT MOMENTS IN SPRULES HISTORY:On Rikishi:

However, when he was being a serious performer, he was telling better stories than Stephen King.

Yup:

Not really, since the Montreal 'double-cross' was a work in the first place.

On Justin Credible:

That's not entirely accurate. Justin was never involved in the invasion angle. He disappeared from WWF TV when X Factor broke up just before Wrestlemania.

Mad shooting skillz:

As for the possibility of Me taking on Alex Shane. It's a very unlikely event, but were it to happen, I'd insist on nothing less than a no DQ, no holds barred shoot fight. But I'm too professional to walk out over it if he were booked. I'm 110% committed to helping take OPWO forwards, so if I have to put up with that Vince McMahon-wannabe for one night, then so be it. If I get the chance to kill him, better still. They're always looking for a cure for cancer, so I'm happy to fly to Stockholm for my nobel prize.

Edited by Bix

• Paid Members

GREAT MOMENTS IN SPRULES HISTORY:On Rikishi:

However, when he was being a serious performer, he was telling better stories than Stephen King.

Yup:

Not really, since the Montreal 'double-cross' was a work in the first place.

On Justin Credible:

That's not entirely accurate. Justin was never involved in the invasion angle. He disappeared from WWF TV when X Factor broke up just before Wrestlemania.

Mad shooting skillz:

As for the possibility of Me taking on Alex Shane. It's a very unlikely event, but were it to happen, I'd insist on nothing less than a no DQ, no holds barred shoot fight. But I'm too professional to walk out over it if he were booked. I'm 110% committed to helping take OPWO forwards, so if I have to put up with that Vince McMahon-wannabe for one night, then so be it. If I get the chance to kill him, better still. They're always looking for a cure for cancer, so I'm happy to fly to Stockholm for my nobel prize.

Bix, as great as all that is...you're not even scratching the surface! ;)

• Paid Members

Fear not those of little faith... Buy a ticket and I shall run a Triple X show in the daytime at my usual venue (across the road from the Skydome) on this day... So when this one goes down the shitter you can still have a day out in lovely Coventry and see some wrestling for your trouble...First the MPW revival and now this... Someone wants wrestling in Coventry to die...