Anarchy Pro Wrestling owner revealed

Psygnosis

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, most things have already been adressed, but let me ask you one thing Kriss, do you actauly have the thousands of pounds in hard cash it will take to hire the venue, pay the guys ect. or are you just planning on using the ticket sales to pay the bills?

My investor has the thousands of pounds, and we have an agreement for the deal. If he breaks that deal at any stage, I'll cancel the show and (if they're on sale) see that all tickets are refunded.
And can you let us know some of the talent you have in the pipeline?
I've been contacting talent to clean up the situation, and so far I've reconfirmed Joe Legend, Iceman, Murat Bosporus, Jazzy-Bi, Stixx & Stephanie Scope.

Wow! Someone had thousands of pounds to invest in a wrestling show and they came to you? Ive gotta find where they're keeping these people!

I went to them, with a business plan. As a professional businessman should when starting a business, and as any investor would expect. I've even reprojected it for him since the SkyDome idea was raised, so he has all of the paperwork and research. Edited by Kandiman

Ok, most things have already been adressed, but let me ask you one thing Kriss, do you actauly have the thousands of pounds in hard cash it will take to hire the venue, pay the guys ect. or are you just planning on using the ticket sales to pay the bills?

My investor has the thousands of pounds, and we have an agreement for the deal. If he breaks that deal at any stage, I'll cancel the show and (if they're on sale) see that all tickets are refunded.
And can you let us know some of the talent you have in the pipeline?
I've been contacting talent to clean up the situation, and so far I've reconfirmed Joe Legend, Iceman, Murat Bosporus, Jazzy-Bi, Stixx & Stephanie Scope.

Wow! Someone had thousands of pounds to invest in a wrestling show and they came to you? Ive gotta find where they're keeping these people!

I went to them, with a business plan. As a professional businessman should when starting a business, and as any investor would expect. I've even reprojected it for him since the SkyDome idea was raised, so he has all of the paperwork and research.
Perhaps he's going to be on that Simon Jordan show on ITV :laugh:

Instead of everybody standing back saying "this will fail" etc why doesn't somebody who has the ability and know-how step in and say "Since you're hell bent on going ahead with this, rather than watch it crash, burn and kill another venue, I'll teach you how to do things the right way"? I'm not a promoter and I don't know one, but there are lot's of people connected to this forum who are.

Instead of everybody standing back saying "this will fail" etc why doesn't somebody who has the ability and know-how step in and say "Since you're hell bent on going ahead with this, rather than watch it crash, burn and kill another venue, I'll teach you how to do things the right way"? I'm not a promoter and I don't know one, but there are lot's of people connected to this forum who are.

Agreed.

I've asked for advice, and taken all of the advice I was offered. I'm always open to genuine advice if people are forthcoming with it.

• Paid Members

I did just post what I consider the key elements to getting a show of this magnitude right, but why should someone have to step in? What's in it for them, unless Sprules wants to pay a fee for an advisory role? This isn't the Sammaritains. And other promoters certainly won't 'volunteer' their time to help out another clueless promoter who's bound to fail regardless!THINK, dude!

• Paid Members

I've asked for advice, and taken all of the advice I was offered. I'm always open to genuine advice if people are forthcoming with it.
Hey Kriss. Some advice for running the Skydome:

You need a combination of timing, business sense, money, good marketing & media outlets at your disposal, luck (because sh*t happens; ala Matt Hardy getting pulled from Uproar by WWE), a selling point, manpower, & experience promoting wrestling. Nobody in the current UK scene has all of these.We were fortunate to have all of them at the time of International Showdown:timing - nothing had been done like this before, plus a lot of the guys we brought in had newfound recognition in the UK thanks to TWC.business sense - myself & Alex (IMO) had the aptitude between us to make it work, with a proper budget, using TWC resources (including accountants to keep the budget on track, & a media solicitor to make sure everyone signed release forms, we didn't use copyrighted music, and everyone from outside the EU had work permits).money - TWC had the finance upfront to secure the venue & talent, and also the finances to eat a loss & give refunds if everything went tits up. The fact that we were a TV channel with some sort of finances went a long way to ensuring the audiences it would definitilty be going ahead.good marketing & media outlets - we had our own channel, which we flooded with commercials for the event (so that helped in a big way!), as well as our main website which was getting 12m hits per month at the time. We also did a lot of local advertising in Coventry papers, local postering & flyering, and a large Mercia FM (local radio) campaign.luck - it all fell into place without any hiccups, thank god!a selling point (i.e. why is this show special) - see Foley in the UK outside of the WWE (and a chance to meet him at the fan slam or with your Gold/Silver ticket), see all the main stars of TWC live at one show, and it was the first time you could see the NOAH guys in the UK!manpower - essential for handling so many jobs at a show that big! We had the staff from TWC in Dublin & London, and all the FWA crew - Dean Ayass, Greg Lambert, Simon Corby, Lisa Ayass, Doug, Ralph, Sloan, John Atkins, Phil Austin, the Ring Crew, refs, timekeeper, etc, etc...experience promoting wrestling - Alex Shane.

Edited by herbie747

Because failure can be very, very funny if it involves a wanker.

• Paid Members

Sprules, you're a well-known idiot with a shit reputation who, the day that the supershow concept crashed with a firm going into liquidation and costing fans a fortune, is talking about running a 3,500 seat building for a show where your top draw appears to be Joe Legend. The best that can happen is that the word wrestling is sullied by being included in the sentence "Sprules is running a completely illogical wrestling show". The worst that can happen is that your money mark pulls the plug when his crack wears off, and you piss off both the venue and the fans who are moronic enough to buy tickets to this obvious abortion. If you try really hard, you might manage to burn some local media outlets and perhaps a ticket agency so that professional wrestling's name continues to get sullied by fucking retards like yourself who have absolutely no concept of basic mathematics and logic. If you really want to help British wrestling, persuade your money mark to either buy a whole bunch of sold shows from Ricky Knight and try developing new markets.But either way, fuck off you fucking idiot. In the past you deserved ridicule. Now you deserve contempt. Twat.

I couldn't care less what people who don't know me and have never met me think about me.

Well, that explains the PM threatening a libel lawsuit, then.
Different situations entirely. On a forum, it's an opinion. When you put it on BritWres, you're inferring that it's fact.And when I can disprove your 'sources' in a heartbeat, it's libel.
Did they teach you that on your criminology degree, or did they just stick to catching serial killers? On this forum, right now, my opinion is that you are a fucking moron with the potential to do untold damage to the (already tarnished) wrestling industry in this country. Please stop. Edited by Jonathan Ford

Hey Kriss. Some advice for running the Skydome:

You need a combination of timing, business sense, money, good marketing & media outlets at your disposal, luck (because sh*t happens; ala Matt Hardy getting pulled from Uproar by WWE), a selling point, manpower, & experience promoting wrestling. Nobody in the current UK scene has all of these.We were fortunate to have all of them at the time of International Showdown:timing - nothing had been done like this before, plus a lot of the guys we brought in had newfound recognition in the UK thanks to TWC.business sense - myself & Alex (IMO) had the aptitude between us to make it work, with a proper budget, using TWC resources (including accountants to keep the budget on track, & a media solicitor to make sure everyone signed release forms, we didn't use copyrighted music, and everyone from outside the EU had work permits).money - TWC had the finance upfront to secure the venue & talent, and also the finances to eat a loss & give refunds if everything went tits up. The fact that we were a TV channel with some sort of finances went a long way to ensuring the audiences it would definitilty be going ahead.good marketing & media outlets - we had our own channel, which we flooded with commercials for the event (so that helped in a big way!), as well as our main website which was getting 12m hits per month at the time. We also did a lot of local advertising in Coventry papers, local postering & flyering, and a large Mercia FM (local radio) campaign.luck - it all fell into place without any hiccups, thank god!a selling point (i.e. why is this show special) - see Foley in the UK outside of the WWE (and a chance to meet him at the fan slam or with your Gold/Silver ticket), see all the main stars of TWC live at one show, and it was the first time you could see the NOAH guys in the UK!manpower - essential for handling so many jobs at a show that big! We had the staff from TWC in Dublin & London, and all the FWA crew - Dean Ayass, Greg Lambert, Simon Corby, Lisa Ayass, Doug, Ralph, Sloan, John Atkins, Phil Austin, the Ring Crew, refs, timekeeper, etc, etc...experience promoting wrestling - Alex Shane.

I appreciate that, and I've taken it on board already.

Because failure can be very, very funny if it involves a wanker.
How do you know I'm a wanker? We've never met. Maybe you should talk to some people who actually know me before judging my personality? I could call you a 'wanker' if I felt like it. Wouldn't make it true, or based on anything, because we've never met.

I did just post what I consider the key elements to getting a show of this magnitude right, but why should someone have to step in? What's in it for them, unless Sprules wants to pay a fee for an advisory role? This isn't the Sammaritains. And other promoters certainly won't 'volunteer' their time to help out another clueless promoter who's bound to fail regardless!THINK, dude!
Thats quite right Herbie, but what about Alex Shane, Len Davies, Dragon Aisu and Stevie Aaron? Are they going to step in and clean up the mess after this one aswell? Or would they be prepared to offer some impartial advice in order to prevent that happening? I completely agree with what you're saying: people shouldn't have to step in and take on extra work for free when it doesn't benefit them. But in reality, if this show is a complete failure it could kill the Coventry skydome as a wrestling venue, damage relations between the wrestlers involved and British wrestling promoters, it could damage the Coventry wrestling territory and the chain reaction just keeps on going...

Sprules, you're a well-known idiot with a shit reputation who, the day that the supershow concept crashed with a firm going into liquidation and costing fans a fortune, is talking about running a 3,500 seat building for a show where your top draw appears to be Joe Legend. The best that can happen is that the word wrestling is sullied by being included in the sentence "Sprules is running a completely illogical wrestling show". The worst that can happen is that your money mark pulls the plug when his crack wears off, and you piss off both the venue and the fans who are moronic enough to buy tickets to this obvious abortion. If you try really hard, you might manage to burn some local media outlets and perhaps a ticket agency so that professional wrestling's name continues to get sullied by fucking retards like yourself who have absolutely no concept of basic mathematics and logic. If you really want to help British wrestling, persuade your money mark to either buy a whole bunch of sold shows from Ricky Knight and try developing new markets.But either way, fuck off you fucking idiot. In the past you deserved ridicule. Now you deserve contempt. Twat.

Wow. And I thought you were one of the more mature people on the UKFF. Apparently not, since you can't put together a rational argument without sounding like you should be on an ASBO. Since you also know nothing about me, I'm going to just laugh at the hilarity of you calling me an idiot, when I'm quite clearly not. I can even manage an entire paragraph without resorting to cursing. If you can't even take the time to find out all the facts before criticising people, I dread to think how bad your books must be.

spruless needs slapping til he agrees never to do another fucking show ever...He also needs to honour his old debts before even considering a new show.with that said those wrestlers agreeing to do this show cant blame anyone but themselves when he stiffs em outta their wages for the show.

I thought the debts were sorted out already. I was wrong. I'm sorting them out. But thank you for your concern.

I couldn't care less what people who don't know me and have never met me think about me.

Well, that explains the PM threatening a libel lawsuit, then.
Different situations entirely. On a forum, it's an opinion. When you put it on BritWres, you're inferring that it's fact.And when I can disprove your 'sources' in a heartbeat, it's libel.
Did they teach you that on your criminology degree, or did they just stick to catching serial killers? On this forum, right now, my opinion is that you are a fucking moron with the potential to do untold damage to the (already tarnished) wrestling industry in this country. Please stop.
I also have the potential to do untold good for the wrestling industry in this country. It's funny that, you could say the same for a lot of promoters. Steve Gauntley had the potential to do a lot of good for the Britsh wrestling industry, and he did, but everyone said his rants would do a lot of bad for it. I don't see that they've done anyone any harm but himself, personally.