Anarchy Pro Wrestling owner revealed

Psygnosis

Such a shame :( Nobody wants to see this work more than me. Having seen Doncaster get all the biggest shows for a while, I was looking forward to the first British Skydome show since Universal Uproar but now with all these rumours and accusations flying around it doesn't seem like it will happen. FOR FUCK'S SAKE! :crazy::crazy::crazy:

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Listen Kandiman, why do you want to be a promoter? You clearly have no idea what to do and you only bring ridicule, and potentially, stress and financial loss on yourself. WHY?

Why? Simple, I want to entertain people, which has never been a crime. And I may not have had any clue as a promoter in the past. I've not run a show since April and, as I explained, I've been taking time away deliberately to learn from my own mistakes and those of others so I can do things properly.I don't give a shit about ridicule. What people think of me is their own business and I couldn't care less what people who don't know me and have never met me think about me. And it's never been stressful until people decided I was Satan based on little more than hearsay. Financial loss I can take because I know I can make good if people give me a chance.

• Paid Members

Alex Shane couldn't fill the Skydome with a far superior card

Myself & Alex did fill the Skydome though, in March 2005 (International Showdown, Legit 3,409 attendance), which was a roaring success in every manner - line-up, attendance, reviews, production, DVD sales, profit, fan slam, and overall show quality.That said, by the time the 2nd Skydome Supershow was being discussed (Universal Uproar), I saw the writing on the wall with the start up of 1PW & MEW at the time, and with WWE planning on running the Skydome 3 weeks after Uproar; so TWC decided not to be involved in the 2nd Supershow. It was just too risky with so much else going on! When we did Showdown, it was one of a kind, and there were no WWE tours, or similar shows being held (or clashing ROH & TNA dates) either, which is why Showdown was such a success - now the market has been flooded, and a show of that magnitude can't be done again (profitabley) IMO. I know how much these types of big shows cost to run - which is why I knew for 100% definite that 1PW were losing a FORTUNE with each show. They booked twice as much talent as we did for Showdown, paid them more than twice as much (plus some first-class flights), paid more for their other overheads (production, etc), priced their tickets for less, and only got half the gate we did! That doesn't add up into the black!Showdown was a good time to leave a mark, make some cash, raise the profile of TWC, and get out while the going was good! The "Supershow" market is fecked now though!
Do you think an indy supershow will ever be as successful as Showdown in the UK?
No chance, IMO. You need a combination of timing, business sense, money, good marketing & media outlets at your disposal, luck (because sh*t happens; ala Matt Hardy getting pulled from Uproar by WWE), a selling point, manpower, & experience promoting wrestling. Nobody in the current UK scene has all of these. We were fortunate to have all of them at the time:timing - nothing had been done like this before, plus a lot of the guys we brought in had newfound recognition in the UK thanks to TWC.business sense - myself & Alex (IMO) had the aptitude between us to make it work, with a proper budget, using TWC resources (including accountants to keep the budget on track, & a media solicitor to make sure everyone signed release forms, we didn't use copyrighted music, and everyone from outside the EU had work permits).money - TWC had the finance upfront to secure the venue & talent, and also the finances to eat a loss & give refunds if everything went tits up. The fact that we were a TV channel with some sort of finances went a long way to ensuring the audiences it would definitilty be going ahead.good marketing & media outlets - we had our own channel, which we flooded with commercials for the event (so that helped in a big way!), as well as our main website which was getting 12m hits per month at the time. We also did a lot of local advertising in Coventry papers, local postering & flyering, and a large Mercia FM (local radio) campaign.luck - it all fell into place without any hiccups, thank god!a selling point (i.e. why is this show special)- see Foley in the UK outside of the WWE (and a chance to meet him at the fan slam or with your Gold/Silver ticket), see all the main stars of TWC live at one show, and it was the first time you could see the NOAH guys in the UK!manpower - essential for handling so many jobs at a show that big! We had the staff from TWC in Dublin & London, and all the FWA crew - Dean Ayass, Greg Lambert, Simon Corby, Lisa Ayass, Doug, Ralph, Sloan, John Atkins, Phil Austin, the Ring Crew, refs, timekeeper, etc, etc...experience promoting wrestling - Alex Shane.1PW had money, and a selling point: i.e. the "TNA Lite" appeal with big star power (but they ran shows too often, thus killing the appeal). They also had overpaid & unnecessary manpower: Joe Dunbrowski, Kingdom James, & who the hell flys in a ref?? They had none of the other elements to make it work, IMO.Sprules/APW has none of the above.Of course, all of the above is just my opinion. But I've been there, done it, and it worked! And nobody has done it since & actually made money. Edited by herbie747

• Paid Members

Ok, most things have already been adressed, but let me ask you one thing Kriss, do you actauly have the thousands of pounds in hard cash it will take to hire the venue, pay the guys ect. or are you just planning on using the ticket sales to pay the bills?

I couldn't care less what people who don't know me and have never met me think about me.

Well, that explains the PM threatening a libel lawsuit, then.
Different situations entirely. On a forum, it's an opinion. When you put it on BritWres, you're inferring that it's fact.And when I can disprove your 'sources' in a heartbeat, it's libel.

Ok, most things have already been adressed, but let me ask you one thing Kriss, do you actauly have the thousands of pounds in hard cash it will take to hire the venue, pay the guys ect. or are you just planning on using the ticket sales to pay the bills?

My investor has the thousands of pounds, and we have an agreement for the deal. If he breaks that deal at any stage, I'll cancel the show and (if they're on sale) see that all tickets are refunded. Edited by Kandiman

My investor has the thousands of pounds, and we have an agreement for the deal. If he breaks that deal at any stage, I'll cancel the show and (if they're on sale) see that all tickets are refunded.
And can you let us know some of the talent you have in the pipeline?

I couldn't care less what people who don't know me and have never met me think about me.

Well, that explains the PM threatening a libel lawsuit, then.
Different situations entirely. On a forum, it's an opinion. When you put it on BritWres, you're inferring that it's fact.And when I can disprove your 'sources' in a heartbeat, it's libel.
No it's not, you obviously don't understand the meaning of the word libel.