Anarchy Pro Wrestling owner revealed

Psygnosis

• Replies 496
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Book Sprules/Tyler II for the main event and I'll buy three front row seats, I fucking swear.

Don't you fucking dare :laugh: Substitute the name Tyler with the name Falcon, and the name Sprules with Stiro and it sounds fantabuous :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

Look at it this way. Alex Shane (the former, disgraced OPWO Champion) couldn't fill the Skydome when he had Mick Foley, Sandman and Kenta Kobashi. How is Sprules, who once drew 10 people to a show in Blackpool during the school holidays, going to come anywhere close?

I first started working on this in May last year, learning about the business world, consolidating my mistakes in the wrestling world and putting it all to good use. I worked hard and I found myself an investor because I wanted to do this right and all above board.

Where was this learning from? Didn't you think it better to concentrate on your criminology degree, or whatever it was you were doing?

Anarchy Pro Wrestling debuts on June 16, 2007 at the Coventry SkyDome and has PPW Super Heavyweight champion Joe E. Legend

The last time Joe wrestled at the Skydome, he was in a rather unspectacular mid-card match. He won't draw anywhere near the numbers you need, unless you Pritt Stick a naked Trish Stratus to him.One thing regarding you using an alias for booking wrestlers. Was this because of your reputation as a poor wrestler, a poor promoter, or for not paying your workers?

• Paid Members

Sorry Kriss, but if you think you're gonna run the Sky Dome then no, you haven't learned from your mistakes, not at all. Everyone knows I'm usually the first to look for the positives, especially with British Wrestling, but I'm gonna say right now, that this show will either not go ahead or will fail on almost every level. I challenge anyone to give a good solid reason as to why I am most likely wrong.Sorry Kriss, but until you can draw good crowds to smaller venues you have no business running somewhere like that. You'll do your rep no good and you'll do British wrestling no good. I hope I'm wrong, but I seriously doubt it.

• Paid Members

you'll do British wrestling no good

That good is running on empty itself, and with Sprules not learning a bloody thing from his last stint, pfft.
I really don't see why people think British Wrestling is on life support, it's thriving in so many ways. In fact I'd say we're in a much better position now than we were a few years ago.

I really don't see why people think British Wrestling is on life support, it's thriving in so many ways. In fact I'd say we're in a much better position now than we were a few years ago.

I'd agree with that entirely.There are plenty of good promotions with good workers with all the problems people ad with British wrestling being solved. A few bad patches shouldn't represent British wrestling when there is a LOT of good stuff out there. It's just that people pick up on clusterfuck idea's like this one and it gets more attention than the good stuff.

It'll be interesting to see where Kriss gets the 12k rental from. I'll state it on here though, if Ronin, Dragon and all the others who are owed money aren't paid before I see the first advert, I'll be dropping by the SkyDome to see my friend Jon to stir up an enormous amount of shit. At least I'm honest.Majik

It'll be interesting to see where Kriss gets the 12k rental from. I'll state it on here though, if Ronin, Dragon and all the others who are owed money aren't paid before I see the first advert, I'll be dropping by the SkyDome to see my friend Jon to stir up an enormous amount of shit. At least I'm honest.

Every single piece of talent that appeared for OPWO was paid.

That statement was made yesterday. It seems someone is in denial (hint; it aint Majik).I don't want to jump on a hate bandwagon, but it seems foolish to try and clense yourself with all new bullshit :)

• Paid Members

The problem is Kriss, this show absolutely can work, but what experience do you have in successfully running a show? To my knowledge, none, and this is where your problem lies. It's good that you've made the effort to seek advice, etc, but just having people on side is no replacement for experience. Here's a peice of good advice, it's old but it's true, learn to walk before you start running.If I had been you I would have run several small local shows through 2007, all advertised locally (forget the internet) and if they all worked out well, then I'd look at this idea in 2008 when I could say never mind the mistakes from the past, I'm moved on and I've proved it over the last year. Even then a venture like this would be very challenging.