Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Paid Members

The remote control for my Polaroid freeview box has stopped working, the odd thing is though is that the remote is working with a Polaroid TV at my Mother's house.

Why would it suddenly stop working on a freeview box? Im stuck with only BBC 1!

The IR receiver in the box has gone

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Computer question, someone on here can hopefully help with. For some reason my laptop has started coming up with this error message,

C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\dwmapi.dll is either not designed to run on Windows or it contains an error.

And sometimes a similar one but with MSVP90.dll instead of dwmapi.dll

It's stopping a lot of programs working. Can't open any browsers, iTunes, videos, things like that. I've looked on a few forums and tried doing a system restore, but it didn't work. I can't find a definitive answer on the forums either, a lot of conflicting advice. So I was hoping one of you could suggest something. Is this something I can sort myself? I'd rather that than end up paying someone.

Ok, downloaded the files, copied them to my desktop. I'm assuming they need to go into the system32 folder but it's not letting me copy them there. Says 'You need permission to perform this action'. I keep clicking try again but it's not working. Is this some kind of administrator issue? I'm the only one who uses it and thought I was classed as an administrator when I first set it up.

I think I've fucked something up. I copied the file to system32. Now when I log on I just get a black screen with a cursor arrow. From what I can gather the dwmapi.dll file is something to do with your desktop. Don't know what's happened. Is there a way to sort it?

• Paid Members

Thanks Chokeout! Ironic you mention Jessica Fletcher, Cococunt, as I was hoping for some repeats of Murder She Wrote on Beeb One, but there's none now!

All over STV here in Scotland. Such a ridiculous, yet can't keep my eyes off it, show.

• Paid Members

Legit question. Going through a bit of a shitter at the moment and in a temper I punched a wall and now have a boxers fracture and my pinky knuckle is smashed and/or no more

I have a cast on, meaning no training...which is utterly horrible for me to deal with as it keeps my head right among other things.

Bottom line, has anyone ever had this before and if so, what was the recovery time etc.

And did anyone leave it untreated coz I've a mind to cut this pricking thing off me.

Archived