Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Awards Moderator
Anyone? I'm on a borrowed netbook right now and hoping for a life-saving reply before I go offline for a long time.

If it just won't turn on, it's likely the PSU. Some PSUs have an LED to indicate their status (ironically) so open the case, turn it on again and look for motherboard lights.

Does the external HD require power, either separately or via a second USB?

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Moderators
Anyone? I'm on a borrowed netbook right now and hoping for a life-saving reply before I go offline for a long time.

If it just won't turn on, it's likely the PSU. Some PSUs have an LED to indicate their status (ironically) so open the case, turn it on again and look for motherboard lights.

Does the external HD require power, either separately or via a second USB?

No lights anywhere. There's zero indication it's even plugged in. No signal to the monitor, no device light on the router.

HD was USB, no seperate power supply. The second I plugged it in, everything broke.

• Moderators

It seems to be powering up now sometimes when the USB ports aren't in use, and plugging stuff into them causes the power to cut. But my mouse and keyboard are USB so all I can do is get to the windows pw screen. Please advise me, people who are smarter, as Google is being no help. I'm guessing this is some kind of static thing, instigated by the HD?

EDIT: Using an old non-USB keyboard and via finding a couple more USB ports under a flap at the front I never even noticed before, I've got it up and running again. So did the HD somehow fry my USB ports? It's cool I can boot up and all, but I can't plug anything in, and attempting to do so risks fucking everything again. Is this a 'thing'?

Never used iOffer before but they have some boss looking wrestling sets on there. Good site/trustworthy? Anyone used it before?

Register at powerbomb.org.uk instead. It's a UK trading site and anything that is on ioffer someone on there will have. Plenty of reliable folk who have been trading for years and all will have feedback.

• Paid Members

I wanted to re-read the script for Commando 2, but can't seem to find it anywhere online.

It was on commandofans.com but that seems to have shut down, I dont suppose any fellow Arnie enthusiasts have a copy kicking around, or could point me in the right direction please?

I'm having problems networking my home printer so my missus and lad can print to it wirelessly. The printer is plugged directly into my laptop, and I've set up network sharing with a password. I've enabled network sharing on my missus laptop and it does find the printer in the 'Devices & Printers' section. I can even print a test page from it. But whenever I try and print from Word, PowerPoint, the internet etc, it's not finding the printer at all. I've tried setting the printer so it is the default printer, but it won't allow me too. It just comes up with an error message.

I've looked at various website to follow step by step guides, and I'm following it to the letter. Where am I going wrong?

• Moderators

I'd turn myself in on Tuesday morning and try and sort it there to be honest. Don't do it before then though as they might hold you until the courts open Tuesday. Take any and all forms of evidence of payment too. Bank statements, receipts, etc.,

Archived