Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

After watching The Apprentice it has reminded me that I really want to get myself a tagine. Does anyone have any idea where I could get one without trawling to Northern Africa?

It's a tourist thing, it's not really used for cooking in Morocco any more. It's often presented in one at the end of a meal.You can get them in pretty much any department store, Debenhams, John Lewis, etc. I've seen them in Matalan before. You can get them from Amazon too.If you want my advice, save your money and buy the biggest Le Creuset casserole pot you can afford. It'll last you literally the rest of your life and is handy for hitting intruders over the head with.
Thank you squire, I shall look out for one. :thumbsup:

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Awards Moderator

If you want my advice, save your money and buy the biggest Le Creuset casserole pot you can afford. It'll last you literally the rest of your life and is handy for hitting intruders over the head with.

Thank you squire, I shall look out for one. :thumbsup:
Just this past weekend I baked bread in it (Saturday), then a lamb casserole - very tagine-esque actually (Sunday), finally a bolognese (Monday).I did spot that Sainsbury's have started a knock-off Le Creuset range called "Designed To Be Different" or something. While I can't vouch from personal experience they looked pretty good copies. Le Creuset do give you a literal lifetime guarantee though.

They get better as they get older too. I have a Le Creuset paella dish and it requires 2 people to lift it!

• Paid Members

Ok, lets say hypotheticaly.......ah fuck it, I've ripped a bunch of videos from youtube using the new realplayer, and I was wondering if theres any simple, free programs that I can convert them from .flv files to avi/mpg, as well as piece the segments of programs together into one video?

CoreyVandal Posted Today, 06:06 PM Ok, lets say hypotheticaly.......ah fuck it, I've ripped a bunch of videos from youtube using the new realplayer, and I was wondering if theres any simple, free programs that I can convert them from .flv files to avi/mpg, as well as piece the segments of programs together into one video?

Pazera flv to avi/mpg converter; google it, it's free, fast and efficient.

• 1 month later...
  • Paid Members

Found this thread on Google. You can search for threads on here, on there.Just wanted to know how the "Overall Daily Top 20" tables are worked out? What hours are we talking here? Its saying I've made seven on-topic posts today.Thank you.

• Paid Members

Using a Mac, is there any way to move a program to another workspace once it's already running? Failing that, is there a Mac equivalent of Alt+Tab?

• Paid Members

Using a Mac, is there any way to move a program to another workspace once it's already running? Failing that, is there a Mac equivalent of Alt+Tab?

try the apple key and tab
You'd think that would have been obvious :blush:

Archived