Off-Topic Questions Thread - closed. Open new threads for specific questions please.

KRS

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Two questions from me:

1. Is it possible for one profile on your computer to have a virus, and the other not? Mine got all fucked up somehow, but my missus' has yet to show a problem. I don't mean to bury my head in the sand, but I just can't be arsed to piss about with the other profile at the moment if one keeps working fine. Anybody know what risks this strategy has?

2. I remember when I first started posting here, somebody had a wicked "I believe in Darren Bent" sig, based on the Harvey Dent badges. I assume it was a Spurs fan. Does anybody still have the picture, as I would like a new sig, and I'm pretty sure he's going to have a shit season but I'll love him to death anyway.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...
Two questions from me:

1. Is it possible for one profile on your computer to have a virus, and the other not? Mine got all fucked up somehow, but my missus' has yet to show a problem. I don't mean to bury my head in the sand, but I just can't be arsed to piss about with the other profile at the moment if one keeps working fine. Anybody know what risks this strategy has?

I don't know for sure, but it's possible on some level, depending on what's infected and what the privacy settings are on the profiles. Although I assume you've got this sorted one way or the other by now.

My question: I've got about 15 Euro in coins that I want rid of. It's been in the flat for about two years or so now, since everywhere only seems to change notes. Is there anywhere in Liverpool that will change it for pounds or accept it as currency?

• Awards Moderator
My question: I've got about 15 Euro in coins that I want rid of. It's been in the flat for about two years or so now, since everywhere only seems to change notes. Is there anywhere in Liverpool that will change it for pounds or accept it as currency?

You'll struggle with the Post Office or any travel agent. I had about 60 Euro in coins a few months ago and tried most places in town and a few local places; they all told me to sod off. The only place who'll take them is the Bureau de Change in the airport, but you'll get a shit rate. Best bet is to wait until someone you know is going to Europe and let them buy them off you.

Would your bank take them, Pity? I know it's not exactly the same thing, but when my wife gets cheques sent to her from the US, her bank will accept them as deposits, though they take a substantial fraction as a fee, and the funds take weeks to clear.

I don't know if the process would be quicker for actual currency, or even if your bank will accept Euros, but it might be worth enquiring. Also, I thought a lot of the bigger-name High Street stores started accepting Euros a few years back.

Archived