Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

18 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Also, when Spencer Fearon said to Khan "If you never fight Brook, the British boxing public will never forgive you" and Khan starts going 'I could get hit by a bus tomorrow' or some nonsense :laugh: it's getting more and more ridiculous. 

Khan talks like a politician, just not a very good one. 

I am going to have to start splitting the bill for some of these PPVs, such is their frequency. I have done a deal with my Brother and Old Man to split the costs for AJ/Povetkin and Groves/Smith. You also have Bellew/Usyk (must-see), Fury vs Wilder (must-see if it happens), and Whyte vs Del Boy at the O2 on December the 22nd if Hearn is to be believed (not must-see, but I will end up wanting to watch it). Never mind the prospect of Khan vs Pac/Brook in December. 

Canelo vs GGG is going to be a next-day job. 

I dont think Khan speaks like a politician, i just think he is either slightly brain damaged or thick as pig shite, dont mean that in a bad way he just constantly contradicts himself throughout interviews. I imagine like BJS they never spent much time at school or learning because their parents knew they had the skills to pay the bills.

• Paid Members
13 minutes ago, Porkchopcash said:

thick as pig shite,

I've quoted what Khan is for you Choppers. He also has no self awareness at all. 

As for Bellew v Usyk. I'm going to try for tickets for that. Usyk is a tremendous talent, I want to see him and Lomachenko fight if I can. 

Thats a great loss. Enzo was a true charachter, a nutcase! Funny man and underated trainer. Didnt he have a hand in Gavin Rees and Macrenelli winning world titles? All from that pissy little tin shack in Wales.

Heres a bit of handbags from yesterdays weigh in. Canelo looks in phenomonal shape. How does everyone see it going?

• Paid Members

Canelo almost looks too good there. Maybe all the taintedness never put him off that Mexican beef? :unsure: 

I'm still fancying a Golovkin win though. I thought he won last time and now with all the controversy around Canelo and maybe having to give up some of his special supplements, he might not have quite the same confidence as usual without it. Could see another close one with GGG nicking it, but I've got a feeling that GGG stops him this time. Around the 9th/10th. Should be a great fight again though. 

Shame about Enzo Calzaghe. I never really used to like him when Joe was fighting. Thought he seemed a bit of a knob. But I warmed to him a bit over time and he came off especially well in the Mr Calzaghe documentary that came out a few years back. That's worth a watch if you haven't seen it. Amazing really what he was able to achieve as a trainer despite not being the typical boxing trainer and all that. Shame. Must've hit Joe really hard as well, you could always tell they were really close. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Family have announced that Enzo hasnt died but is very ill.

Happens quite a lot these days doesnt it.

Im gonna drown in GGG/Canelo hype tonight. Im feeling fairly subdued about it, that weigh in got me back though, intense stuff.

• Paid Members

Yeah it seems like a lot of people are feeling a bit of a lack of buzz for GGG vs Canelo 2 for whatever reason. It's a shame really as it's actually quite rare that you get two top elite level boxers face off when both are pretty much at their absolute peak. And them fighting twice even less common. 

Even Canelo's drug test failure could've made it bigger in a perverse way because now there's more of a babyface vs heel dynamic, but it doesn't really feel like a proper special fight is happening tonight. And it is. 

Still, it's going to be fantastic isn't it? 

What's on the undercard? 

• Paid Members

That's better than I expected. All of them look like all-action fights on paper. Looking forward to seeing Munguia again especially. I was ordering it anyway but with a nice undercard also thrown in it's well worth £16. 

Was there only one episode of 24/7 for this? 

• Paid Members

Brandon Cook is the bloke Kell Brook was meant to have fought recently.

Looks like it though wand. The BT Sports Youtube channel has quite a bit of content up though for tonight, im getting on it later.