Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

I had Linares winning by 4 rounds. Even that useless Les Dawson look-a-like Terry O'Connor didn't fuck up the fight, albeit after Crolla kept whinging the body shots were low blows he was warning Linares for it. So that's 3 world champions in Joe Gallagher's stable at the year and now there's none. Doesn't look like he's winning trainer of the year again. Maybe read chapter 2 of the boxing trainers handbook and adopt another strategy instead of gloves up high and pressurise opponents for all of his fighters.

• Paid Members

Seeing Linares was 5/1 to win on points last night was ridiculous so I whacked £250 on.

In hindsight that looks like easy money. Funny how that works. Linares was pure class last night.

I had Crolla to on points :(

• Paid Members

Doesn't it seem a shame that if AJ were to beat Wlad, that Tyson did it first? Otherwise winning this fight could propel him like madness. I mean, if he wins it will still be huge, but not quite the same if the fat, roundly-disliked joker hadn't done it first.

• Paid Members

Fury should be praised for decisive victory over Wlad. I like Fury and hope if Joshua and Wlad do fight he comes back and fights the winner and beats them.

Was Fury's win over Wladimir that decisive? I mean, it was a brilliant achievement, especially getting a decision over a Klitschko in Germany. But from what I remember it was a shit fight where neither did much but Tyson did slightly more and it was just good enough to nick the decision. It's not like he schooled Wlad and there'd be no doubt who'd win the rematch.

I give credit to Fury for finding a way to get the job done. It was a huge win, fair play. But I'd love nothing more than to see Joshua obliterate the big gobshite. I'm not saying that would happen but I'd love to see it.