Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

yeh, i think the Burns fight ws originally meant to be on this weekend but it got moved.

I didn't see Parker earlier, reports suggest he struggled a bit though and was lucky that Takam ran out of steam.

I think the Charlo thing is probably the first twin brothers to win world titles.

Charlo-Twins.jpg

The Haye fights is on from 8, im fully expecting first round KO's in the Haye and Briggs fights.

• Paid Members

Well that was a disaster of YAMMA Pitfighting proportions. It sets up a Haye/Briggs fight but it all felt a little farcial, Haye's opponent was a disgrace, a guy of Haye's level should not be fighting bums in front of 20,000 people...i'd let him off with the first Haye Day, this one was a bit too much. Chuck in Dave's poor production and the sound issues and some terrible punditry. I was the following the twitter feed whilst watching and the reaction was not kind.

• Paid Members

The best thing about the whole thing was Shannon The Cannon's brilliant post-fight promo talking about being fat and depressed with Lisa Dingle's hair and thinking 'fuck this' and going all Black Rocky.

"LOOK AT ME. LOOK AT ME. LOOK AT ME, PEOPLE! LOOK AT ME. I BREATHE FIYAH! I BREATHE FIYAH!"

That Briggs interview was annoying, because of Dave's production it was so out of sync it was confusing.

Just watching Haye on BAMMA now obviously tape delayed a week but he could have probably fought then went and analysed the MMA fights.

How the fuck did that guy win so many fights? He had nothing, at least Haye - Briggs should be fun.

• Paid Members

Yeah, the audio was all to cock.

So, Haye vs Briggs in September then? Wonder where that'll air? Surely they're not going to expect people to cough up to Sky Box Office for that? As much as Briggs will hype the shit out of it, surely not SBO.

I'm hoping against all logic that Briggs knocks him out though. And I don't even dislike Haye like most seem to. I'd just love to see Briggs do it.

• Paid Members

i guess it all depends on whether or not Haye wants to do business with Eddie Hearn or Frank Warren.

I hadn't heard about that Sky Sports Mix channel though, like the sound of that.

Nick Blackwell needs to sack his PR agent. He came across as a right pillock in his Sun interview today. His main crux was that the Eubank's did a press conference although Blackwell's family told them not to. He called them "inhuman" & "disgusting" and "If I could have one more knockout shot, I’d love to land it on the jaw of Chris Eubank Sr." I can't see how they did anything wrong and don't remember any negative response from the press conference. I see Blackwell has been on GMTV today downplaying what he said but trying to put over the Eubank's as attention seekers. I wonder how much Blackwell got paid for that Sun interview.