Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Dave Meltzer retweeted this;

Lance Pugmire @latimespugmire

Today could finally be that day: @FloydMayweather @MannyPacquiao... Checking in with sources, who've been reliable throughout.

But I don't believe this Pugmire cunt ever since he reported back in 2009 that Fedor was 'finalising a deal with the UFC' and was going to make his debut against Brock.

How many more weeks are they going to drag this shit out? They're splitting fucking millions and millions of dollars. Who gives a fuck? Just agree to each other's demands and put this shit to bed.

• Paid Members

couple of big World Title fights this weekend, both involving British fighters having 2nd and 3rd attempts at World Titles...

poster_21.02.2015_Arthur_Abraham_vs._Pau

Gennady-Golovkin-vs-Martin-Murray-poster

according to Eddie Hearn the fights will not clash, the Smith/Abraham fight is on Sky, the GGG/Murray fight remember is on Channel 5! David Price is on the undercard of the Abraham/Smith too. It's a tall order for both guys, especially Murray, but i'll be tuning in for a good night of boxing! It's gonna have to be TV/Tablet combo deal :)

• Paid Members

Maybe this fight deserves it own thread?

Espn tweeted about the fight that

- 147 limit with all 3 welter belts on the line
- 60/40 split 
- 3 fight PPV. Main event with Top Rank & Mayweather promotions getting 1 fight. 

Be interesting to see how they mix up the Showtime/HBO crew. 

A fight that will truly define a generation. HYPED!!

• Paid Members

Maybe this fight deserves it own thread?

Espn tweeted about the fight that

- 147 limit with all 3 welter belts on the line

- 60/40 split

- 3 fight PPV. Main event with Top Rank & Mayweather promotions getting 1 fight.

Be interesting to see how they mix up the Showtime/HBO crew.

A fight that will truly define a generation. HYPED!!

It does! Set it up!

• Paid Members

Well, fuck me. It's actually happening! I still won't fully believe it until they're actually standing across the ring from each other.

I hope I'm wrong but I don't see this being that competitive. It's a fight that had to happen and if it didn't it'd be a travesty. People would always wonder 'what if?' But I'll stick with what I've thought since 2009. Mayweather by pretty much a landslide decision.

It's going to be some event though. And I hope Manny can surprise me.

Biggest fight since Lewis vs Tyson? I know we had huge fights like Mayweather vs De La Hoya and Mayweather vs Canelo, but this is bigger than those two IMO. Even though it's coming six years too late.

I would be very shocked if Paul Smith can beat Arthur Abraham tonight. I don't think he deserves a rematch either. You go to Germany knowing full well, you've got to KO or demolish the champion to get the belt off them there. But he was given a world title fight when he's not on that level, took a massive pay-day and then pissed & moaned when it didn't go his way. The judges scores were ridiculous but at best the fight would have been a draw anyway. If the scores weren't so wide and Abraham won by a point or two, this fight wouldn't even be happening.

I give Martin Murray a fighting chance and say he's going to topple by the 7th round.

I would be very shocked if Paul Smith can beat Arthur Abraham tonight. I don't think he deserves a rematch either. You go to Germany knowing full well, you've got to KO or demolish the champion to get the belt off them there. But he was given a world title fight when he's not on that level, took a massive pay-day and then pissed & moaned when it didn't go his way. The judges scores were ridiculous but at best the fight would have been a draw anyway. If the scores weren't so wide and Abraham won by a point or two, this fight wouldn't even be happening.

I give Martin Murray a fighting chance and say he's going to topple by the 7th round.

I agree, the rematch was all about how wide the scores were for Abraham and not the fact that a lot of people had him winning the first fight, I gave it to him by one round myself, and in this one he is winning comfortably, I got him 5 up at end of round 11. Smith done well for himself, no idea how he ever got the first world title shot, let alone the second.

I got GGG between 8-10, Murray is tough, game and unlucky to not have won a world title in his previous two attempts, but this is a whole other level, he is up against the MAN, I can't wait.

• Paid Members

They announced it straight after the Chisora fight, its a pretty dangerous stay busy fight until he gets his World Title shot.

And Sean, Eddie Hearn is the man. Go watch some of his youtube interviews with his mates on IFL TV, Hearn always comes across as a great guy, funny too.