Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Bellew said that Clev claims to be a clean mentally strong athlete and he just asked a couple of questions to prove that he isn't. Bellew said everything he said was the truth so he isn't in the wrong.

Bellew is fucking rank. Proper tit. Not Clevs biggest fan but if he can pull it off in Liverpool AGAIN i'll be happy. 

Bellew is what he is, continually continues to contradict himself and crazy thing is he doesn't seem to get it's all on record so there's no way of denying it, the fact most of the sky boxing guys are up his backside don't help much. Even though I'm not going to be watching, I do hope to hear from people telling me that Cleverly has won, again.

• Paid Members

Bellews definitely riling up fans for this, i think its just his sales pitch though. I genuinely dont think he cares if people hate him, hes just trying to get people interested.

Theres been many reports that Bellews very much paying a character when it comes to the boxing game.

Whether not you believe that is up for debate, personally i love having him around.

• Paid Members

Right, I'm going to watch Ringside and The Gloves Are Off to see if they get me in the mood for Cleverly vs Bellew 2. I don't have Sky Sports anymore so I might have to nip around to my brother's.

Without being bothered to look for the full card, am I right in thinking this is the one with Joshua and Groves fighting on the undercard?

Pacquiao vs Algieri tonight as well. Looking forward to that.

• Paid Members

Yeah Joshua v Sprott. Sprott been jobbing out around Europe for a while now. You'd think he'd give it a bit of a go though. Taking out Joshua would be huge.

Degale V Periban. Sure i watched Periban lose to Bika last year. 1 dimentional as they come but will make it tough at least.

Groves v Somebody who gimmick is being trained by his mom. 16-3 record i think.

Quigg in a typical meh fight. 

Think Jamie McDonnell on the show too but his got a huge fight coming up so will be a showcase i guess. 

Edited by Fox Piss

• Paid Members

Joshua vs Sprott yeah. I think I'll end up tuning in then. I like Joshua and having Groves and DeGale on the undercard, albeit not against opponents who are all that interesting, it adds a bit of depth just to see how they all look I guess. It'll do. I'm in the mood for some boxing. Between this show and the Pacquiao fight, I'll get my fix this weekend.

Can't wait for Fury vs Chisora and Saunders vs Eubank next week as well.

Saw the Mayweather vs Pacquiao stuff has been starting up again recently. I'm not getting sucked into that again. Does anyone think it actually might happen soon? The stuff I saw was at least coming from Showtime this time, not Arum and his bullshit empty promises. But I don't know. I think Mayweather will end up fighting a Khan or Garcia maybe. I think Mayweather vs Pacquiao will always be the one that got away from this generation. Even if it happens now it's lost steam from what it'd have been in 2009/10, but better late than never. Just think it'll never happen now.

• Paid Members

Apparently Canelo/Cotto is pretty close to being a done deal. 

Mayweather to face Khan/Devon winner? 

Then second half of year opens up. Cotto beats Canelo he would be a candidate for Floyd. Canelo under contract with HBO so if he wins it would be hard to make.

Garcia or Thurman for Floyd? Lucas Matthhysse? Him vs Maidana always gets talked up. He beats M.M and his in with a shot.

Edited by Fox Piss

Apparently Canelo/Cotto is pretty close to being a done deal. 

Mayweather to face Khan/Devon winner? 

1. I hope so. Despite the first fight being competitive, I have no desire to see Floyd vs Cotto 2

2. I have always been curious to see Floyd vs Khan.

However, my ideal hope would be for Floyd to face Manny, and Khan face Brook at Wembley.