Boxing Thread

Egg Shen

• Paid Members

Im pretty sure Bruno was winning the Lewis fight until he got knocked out wasnt he?

One if the weird little memories i have of Bruno as a youngster was thinking that they basically gave him a world title by having him fight McCall. It was was as if they set it all up for Bruno to finally win the belt...i dont know if that was the case but that's how i percieved it at the tine.

• Paid Members

Watched the Gloves Are Off thing tonight. Loved Bruno's talking about how 'the Klitschko' could have been sipping a cup of tea with one hand while jabbing Haye's face in with the other.

I'd like to have heard more from Lewis on the Tyson and Klitschko fights, and more from Bruno on his career. But with Haye vs Fury coming up it's to be expected they'd spend the bulk of the time hyping that.

Fury, as much as I dislike him, did a good job talking up the fight. He talks a good game and he's actually got me buying into his chances a little bit more. I still think Haye will deck him though.

I want to see Naz on one of these roundtable things. Fuck weight classes, get say Naz, Eubank, Herbie Hide, Audley, Danny Williams and Hatton on there just shooting the shit. That would be lively.

• Paid Members

Aw fuck. That's sad to hear. Good fighter but obviously overshadowed by bigger names because of the era he was part of. His fight with Larry Holmes is one of my favourite heavyweight fights ever. Arguably should have won the trilogy against Ali as well. RIP.

• Paid Members

FUCK!

Is this fight ever going to happen? Cue Tyson Fury saying Haye cut himself out of fear. Can't they chuck Deontay Wilder in there? Highly unlikely but I've been looking forward to Fury getting walloped for months. This is shit.

• Paid Members

Yeah, that was the main reason I brought Wilder's name up. Don't know if he or Fury would go for it at this notice. It'd be a good opportunity for Wilder but Fury would be mad to take the risk I reckon. I think Wilder would probably beat him and then there goes the money fight with Haye. He'll probably just sit it out. Maybe they can try a third time to get Haye-Fury on, around December time maybe.

FUCK!

Is this fight ever going to happen? Cue Tyson Fury saying Haye cut himself out of fear. Can't they chuck Deontay Wilder in there? Highly unlikely but I've been looking forward to Fury getting walloped for months. This is shit.

That was my first thought upon seeing the photo.

Hayecut.jpg

I hate Fury as much as the next man, but Jesus Christ, I can't take my eyes off him. If he's not punching himself in the face with wicked upper cuts, he's singing to a furious crowd that hate him in New York and then thanking them all for coming out to see him. He's an absolute clown, but a mesmerising clown.

• Paid Members
Tyson Fury ‏@Tyson_Fury 1m

Sorry for every1 who bought tickets & hotels. Haye excuses r boring. He don't want to fight me!

Arghhh couldn't wait for this big dumb cunt to get beat. Wonder what they will do with Quigg since he was due to fight for a World title.