The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Well after a good Cheltenham I am off to market Rasen today. Nothing serious running but Kercaballec (spelling?) likes it round Rasen but will probably only be about 2's. Katchit was my only winner of the last day of Cheltenham with a lot of my other runners being dissapointing, Honourable Spider, Osana, and Pablo Du Charmil inparticular. Roll on 2008 and particullarly the Gold Cup. I have Denman at 25's and I would not swap that for any other horse that is likely to line up.

You reckon Denman and Kauto Star will run in the same race? Kauto to stud perhaps (George Washington-esque problems not withstanding of course)?
Paul Nicholls says that he will keep the two horses apart until the Gold Cup with Kauto running in the Betair/King George etc and Denman running in the Lexus and the Irish Hennesy as he likes the softer ground - as the Listener did this year.But Kauto to stud is ludicrous. He's only 7, and will probably win the next 2 Gold cups imo.

• Paid Members

Well after a good Cheltenham I am off to market Rasen today. Nothing serious running but Kercaballec (spelling?) likes it round Rasen but will probably only be about 2's. Katchit was my only winner of the last day of Cheltenham with a lot of my other runners being dissapointing, Honourable Spider, Osana, and Pablo Du Charmil inparticular. Roll on 2008 and particullarly the Gold Cup. I have Denman at 25's and I would not swap that for any other horse that is likely to line up.

You reckon Denman and Kauto Star will run in the same race? Kauto to stud perhaps (George Washington-esque problems not withstanding of course)?
There are plenty of ways of keeping apart until the Gold Cup next year and that is what Nicholls will do. He has already said that Kauto will probably go for the King George on Boxing day and Denman will probably go to Leopardstown for the Lexus the same week. Also Denman can run in some intermediate chases probably around October/November time. Denman and Kauto won't meet until the Gold Cup and while both may be trained by Nicholls they are owned by different people. Kauto can't go to stud anway because he has a slightly bigger, or should I say smaller problem than George Washington. He is a gelding.

There are plenty of ways of keeping apart until the Gold Cup next year and that is what Nicholls will do. He has already said that Kauto will probably go for the King George on Boxing day and Denman will probably go to Leopardstown for the Lexus the same week. Also Denman can run in some intermediate chases probably around October/November time. Denman and Kauto won't meet until the Gold Cup and while both may be trained by Nicholls they are owned by different people. Kauto can't go to stud anway because he has a slightly bigger, or should I say smaller problem than George Washington. He is a gelding.
Correct.If you take Kauto's race plan from this year, he will probably go for the same races next year, save the Tingle Creek. Namely, Betfair Bowl-King George-Aon Chase-Gold Cup. Whereas Denman can go Warm up race-Hennesy-Lexus-Irish Hennesy-Gold CUp.Thats some serious prize money for two different owners, a mouth watering final match in the Gold Cup, and the mother of all headaches for Ruby over which one he rides.

• Paid Members

If you take Kauto's race plan from this year, he will probably go for the same races next year, save the Tingle Creek. Namely, Betfair Bowl-King George-Aon Chase-Gold Cup. Whereas Denman can go Warm up race-Hennesy-Lexus-Irish Hennesy-Gold CUp.Thats some serious prize money for two different owners, a mouth watering final match in the Gold Cup, and the mother of all headaches for Ruby over which one he rides.

If you look at it the the last three Gold Cup winners did not even make the race the next year. As for a headache for Ruby you could be right. The only thing I would say on that is that asked before this years festival what was his banker of the meeting he said Denman.

Put on Acknowledgement on the 4.30 today but he got pulled up and didn't ever look like doing anything, disapointing. Only lost a couple of quid though because I hadn't heard of it before. Was just filling my lunch break really. That Indian Chase (I think) looked strong though... 50/1 and finished 3rd, but had it been a slightly shorter race then it'd deffinitely have won, just ran out of steam in the last straight. Still, 50/1 e/w would've been a beaut of a bet on that horse!

Ive got england to win the under 21's and its like a rollercoaster

37/20 from coral when it was 1-1 , waste of a bet now it seems

Kazakhstan 2 Serbia 1..coupon down at the first hurdle.Tip for tomorrow, put as much as you can afford on Morton to beat Forfar at 2/5. Forfar have sacked their manager, 2 players are AWOL, one player is suspended and three (including their best player) are out injured.