The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

• 5 weeks later...
Getting on Matt Kuchar (40/1) and Hunter Mahan (25/1) at the WGC Accenture Matchplay this week.

Good call this, so far! They're in separate semi-finals as well. How much did you have on them?

Saw this is due to start tonight and bloody hell has it been a year already since the matchplay?

Anyway still a good time to try and get the bookies as it's early in the season and not much form to go with as only 2-3 tournaments in.

Going with last years formula i'll take a couple of more generously priced guys (one from each half of the draw) on each way whcih pays out for reaching a semi-final place.

Sergio Garcia at 40/1 in the first half of the draw. Not a big fan of him but he seems to be heading in the right direction after a few years of steady decline. His putting also seems to be returning to it's old ways after deserting him for a while.

In the second half of the draw i'm going for Ryan Moore at 66/1 with Ladbrokes. Had quite a steady start so far with a few top 10's and has a good temperament for matchplay.

Aside from that for one off shot to start Ladbrokes have Harris English prices at evens to beat Westwood today which i think looks a steal. Westwood has a poor record in general in the big matchplay events and this tournament in particular.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin

• 3 weeks later...
I've backed Moore too Stylin, although he has a tricky on today. I'm also on Jimmy Walker (45s) and Jason Day (18s). I bloody love this tournament,

Fantastic mate, great lift !!

Could write what i know about horses on the back of a fag packet i'm afraid so nothing to offer for Cheltenham.

Nice card of football tonight though. A few big priced singles betting against teams who are out of form. Millwall 11/4 away to Blackpool caught the eye but in the end went for a little treble of Gillingham (7/4), Fleetwood (11/5), Rochdale (11/10)

May look ambitious on paper but went for a single on over 3.5 goals in the Peterborough v Bristol City game tonight at 2/1.

Edited by Stylin_and_Profilin