The UKFF Betting Topic

John Amos

Back on today after a few weeks off.

Torquay 8/11

Dundee United 4/5

Dumbarton 5/6

Treble on the above

Super single on Airdrie @ 11/10 against Stenhousemuir.

Ahhh Torquay.... If ever to prove to me that if something looks too good it normally is.

Unbeaten in their last 9 including wins against Cheltenham and Shrewsbury against a team who hadn't won since NY Eve.

My one saving grace was pay day is next friday and I didn't have more ammo in the kitty to fire at it.

Anyone got any fancies yet for Cheltenham?

Binocular looked impressive today winning at a canter, but beating Celestrial Halo cant count as much of an achievment these days.

The Gold Cup looks as open as it ever will be with Long Run not convincing at all this year even in his wins, looked dead on his feet at Newbury yesterday as the line loomed.

Back on today after a few weeks off.

Torquay 8/11

Dundee United 4/5

Dumbarton 5/6

Treble on the above

Super single on Airdrie @ 11/10 against Stenhousemuir.

Ahhh Torquay.... If ever to prove to me that if something looks too good it normally is.

Unbeaten in their last 9 including wins against Cheltenham and Shrewsbury against a team who hadn't won since NY Eve.

My one saving grace was pay day is next friday and I didn't have more ammo in the kitty to fire at it.

Anyone got any fancies yet for Cheltenham?

Binocular looked impressive today winning at a canter, but beating Celestrial Halo cant count as much of an achievment these days.

The Gold Cup looks as open as it ever will be with Long Run not convincing at all this year even in his wins, looked dead on his feet at Newbury yesterday as the line loomed.

I thought Long Run did ok. Giving 10lbs to the placed horses - Burton Port has improved mind. What A Friend in a similar position to last years Gold Cup.

I hope Sir Des Champs goes for the Jewson - if he does, then he's my best bet of the week. With First Lieutenant in the RSA under the same ownership, logically SDC will stay Jewson. Although Last Installment's injury may cock that up.

Quantitiativeeasing in the hadicap on the first day looks a pretty good e/w bet. I'll be waiting for weights to come out first though.

• Paid Members
Here's one for you - hockey! No, seriously, and not that shitty ice crap either, the proper one.

India v Ukraine, women's Olympic qualification match. You can get India at a -4 goals handicap at 9/2. Get on that shit. I've got

Was just wondering if anybody can recommend any online or twitter tipsters who have shown good returns for them? Due to be doing some research on upto 5 at work to find some decent ones and will look at some over the next 6 months or so, of course I will return my verdicts to whoever recommends them so you can get on too. PM me them if you prefer to keep your chosen tipster under the radars.

Back on for more punishment. Glad i used all that money i won before Christmas on my house and a honeymoon or i'd have slowly ebbed it back to the source.

Todays line.

WBA / Sunderland

Bristol City / Blackpool

Gillingham / Torquay

Kilmarnock / Hibs

Both teams to score four fold.

Single on Reading @ 11/5 away to Middlesbrough

And still waiting on Martin Laird outright at 70/1 to win the WGC Matchplay golf :confused:

Nothing involving Arsenal is a safe bet from my experience, one team out of the three will go on a good run and one will continue to capitulate, but I wouldn't be confident saying who. Especially is Chelsea change their manager, could give them initiative and I think on paper they had a fuller squad.

I forgot to bet for once today, and it turned out pretty well with Celtic drawing and Sheff Utd blowing a 2-0 lead, two teams I'd have almost certainly had money on. I find the Premiership incredibly difficult to bet on at the minute, there aren't really any certainties, and where there are the odds just don't make it attractive in the least now. Man City at 1-8 to beat Bolton, when you can get a strong Huddersfield side at evens away at Bury who have lost six straight games beforehand.

• 2 weeks later...