DVD's and Films You Have Watched Recently

Guest DJM

I thought it was very funny once it got going. Pitt was hysterical. His facial expressions and mannerisms were absolutely hilarious. It's a very shallow and in many ways, unpleasant film, but I think critics are being unfair to slate The Coens for making such a drop in the ocean after the brilliant No Country For Old Men. I believe that if this was made by a debut filmmaker with a low budget and a cast of unknowns, it would not have gotten as much attention but it would have been more acclaimed. People seem to be of the opinion that everyone involved is just having a laugh and this shouldn't be allowed. It's a fun, disposable black comedy, and there's nothing wrong with that.

On the subject of PittSPOILER - Highlight the black box to read

A girl in the cinema actually burst out crying when he got shot inthe face. Then you had the whole Clooney walking slowly back to the room segment where she was just wimpering and when they finally confirmed that dear old Brad was indeed a bloody corpse I honestly thought she was going to have a nervous breakdown.A most disturing scene, needless to say it made my night. :)

Edited by Joe_the_Lion

• Replies 6.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Paid Members

Iam A Cyborg, But thats OK!Twas on Film four the other night. Thought it was very good, reminded me of Amelie and Twelve Monkeys and Roujin-Z among othersDefinitely worth a watch... even if the ending was a bit odd/clipped

was looking forward to that originally (mainly due to the director) but i saw the trailer and it looked fucking weird. i'll get around to watching it one day.

was looking forward to that originally (mainly due to the director) but i saw the trailer and it looked fucking weird. i'll get around to watching it one day.

You can watch it on Youtube: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=yXCSmPKhn58 I've not seen it yet but since it's Park Chan-wook I'll give it a go soon. Also on Youtube is Shiri, the big action movie which stars Choi Min-Sik (Oh Dae-su) and Yunjin Kim (Sun in Lost):Shiri part oneShiri trailerThere's also Joint Security Area, Park Chan-wook's first major work:JSA part oneJSA trailerSympathy For Lady Vengeance:Lady Vengeance part oneLady Vengeance trailerAlso worth watching is A Tale Of Two Sisters:A Tale Of Two Sisters part oneA Tale Of Two Sisters trailerAnd of course OldBoy:OldBoy part oneOldBoy trailer :thumbsup:

• Paid Members

High School Musical 3Slightly more grown up than the previous two with even better musical numbers. I loved it.

We went last night.I still prefer the second one, particularly the songs but it was absolutely fantastic for what it is. The production on some of the songs was incredible, particularly the Ryan/Sharpay one early on and the one in the scrap yard. It was my daughters first trip to the Cinema and she absolutely loved it. Was my first trip to the new Vue in Hull and it was so much better than the Odeon. The seats were ridiculously comfy. They were just bog standard too, we could've paid another quid for superior seats, I can't imagine how good they'd be.

we could've paid another quid for superior seats, I can't imagine how good they'd be.

This reminds me of the one time me and a friend sat in the "Premier" seats or whatever they're called in Odeon. Bloody bollocks. Although maybe I'm biased because I'm too tall for them, which I wouldn't have minded as much but I'm not even that tall. Seriously, how can you promote seats based on extra comfort and then give them less leg room than the ordinary seating?

• Admin

If I remember rightly, "Premier" seats physically aren't any different than standard seats, the only difference is the premier seats are located in the best viewing position, i.e in the middle of the theatre somewhere.The Vue StarCity in Birmingham do Gold Class which is something like

It's mainly teenage girls with sawdust for brains. Transformers was completely spoilt for me by the wannabe wags behind me giggling and commenting their way through the film, until I broke with the usual British demeanour and asked them to be quiet, politely. When 5 minutes later they were still at it, I stood up and loudly told them to shut the fuck up or I'd get management to kick them out. Luckily the shock of someone actually telling them off shocked them into relative silence, but of course by then it had fucked up my enjoyment of what was meant to be a nice nostalgic trip. Even my wife got involved, that's how annoying they were.