WHAT PLAY YOU?

Onyx2

• Admin

Hows this for hardcore gamer,I'm selling my car to buy a PSP.....(and ice hockey season ticket but PSP mainly)I never thought id do this for gaming.

I respect the intentions but I predict you'll be disappointed.There's no "killer app" available for the PSP yet, so it's not worth getting. Most people who have bought one at this early stage have essentially bought a drawer space filler.Keep the car and wait till the price falls and till there's a decent game available I say.
Lumines is the killer app. Other than that I'd agree. Wipeout is pretty fucking awesome though, as is Hot Shots Golf.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

Oh and Moo, GamesTM went bonkers over Killer7. It's said to be rock-hard but worth perservering with. Still looks weird, but it does have a wrestler in it :nerd:

Sweet. Will definitely be checking it out, probably get it for the Cube.The problem with the game is that all we've had to go on is some absolutely stunning screenshots and a brief description of the concept, for over a year now nobody really knew what the game actually was. I've read that on gameplay alone it is nothing spectacular, but stylistically it will blow you away. Gotta be worth a shot.As a sidenote, my subscription to TM ran out a while ago and they've been pestering me since, which has culminated in a last last last ditch offer of 13 issues for

Is the new gamesTM out yet? I was playing the new Medal Of Honor on the Xbox for the last week but I am stuck. Keep getting to the verrrrrrrrrrrrrry end of the level before being killed, and then it's all the way back to the start.I have been playing Tekken 5 since and I love it. Has anyone else noticed you can unlock Tiger Mask's mask for King? Nice little wrestling fan bonus there! Random Tekken 5 thoughts:Jinpachi is the cheapest boss of all time. And you can't unlock him!Devil Within is boring but I want Devil Jin so I have to play it. I'm stuck on the end of stage 4 though.My fave characters to play as: Hwaorang, Raven, Bruce, Paul and Bryan.Characters I am shit with: Kazuya, Jack (as bloody usual) and Feng.Characters I still haven't used: Asuka, Wang, Anna, Nina and Yoshimitsu.The custimisation mode is a nice touch, as is having the old arcade modes. Lee's ending is hilarious and homoerotic.And I also have God Of War but I haven't started it yet.

Edited by Mr. Seven

Games I'm playing through just now:GTA: San Andreas (Just came back to it after a layoff...at the riots section, it's great)Destroy All Humans (I love 60's B-movie violence)Project Zero 2 (Worth giving it a look if you're a survival horror fan)Warcarft III (Nice little game, less annoying than Dawn of War)

Characters I am shit with: Kazuya, Jack (as bloody usual) and Feng.

Jack rules - but you need to approach him differently to the others. He's a counter-attacker. Poke with RP, LP and counter EVERYTHING with b,db,d,df+RP followed by a dash attack, or with f+LP+RP followed by LP+RP if you can't do the big punch reliably, or with a df+RP juggle if you don't have time for either of those. He has very few other useful attacks. Definitely ignore his sit down / take off / windmill punch nonsense - it's all useless and you don't need it.Although if you're crap with Kazuya, there may be no saving you. :(After a couple of weeks thinking about it, I'm not going to get Tekken 5. What that series needs is a relaunch, not a facelift. They have all these dull characters who were a good idea in 1996 still cluttering up the game, and they haven't got the balls to significantly redesign any of them in order to spice the gameplay up any. I mean, who the hell ever specialized with Anna? Shame, because if they cut it back down to a dozen or so of the newer ones and focused on making them less clunky and more realistic, they'd still have something. :/ Edited by Spatular

Im stuck on the barcelona level in Tony Hawk UnderGround: 2 on the ps2. Im playing it on sick difficulty and cant get the 250,000 arcade machine score. Any tips? And the 100,000 combo for steve-o in the guell parc area.

Guest Tidus

I'm currently playing Football Manager 2005, but mainly focusing on some SNES games. I'm going through Tales of Phantasia again, and started Lufia: Fortress of Doom (both are RPGs). If anyone digs old RPGs then you must get hold of the English version of Tales of Phantasia, tis a really good game and they definitely don't make RPGs like they used to (well, apart from FF).I'm gonna rent God of War I think, its looking good.

Replaying Suikoden IV at the moment to get all 108 Stars of Destiny and some extra items (Old Books, Treasure Maps etc) that I missed first time round. Lovely graphics, but in terms of story depth, characters, soundtrack and general gameplay its not a patch on the first two games in the series, from the PSOne. Being able to carry money and unequipped items over into your next new game does give it some replay value at least.I also picked up He-Man: Defender of Greyskull recently, which I thought would be fun, even if it is aimed at kids. I can't get past the first level :(

Me, I have RETURNED to King of Coliseum II. Why? Because I've finally got the hang of Matchmaker mode.Currently booking NJPW in a non-retarded fashion. My Ultimate Crush is going... alright. Problem is, at least three of the ten bouts have to be UC encounters. As in, shootfights. That'll bring down my average score :(So far we have had: Katsushi Takemura and HEAT beat Jado and Gedo in 31:23 when Heat used the Minoru Special II on Jado for the submission. Rating: 93/100Kazuyuki Fujita beat Scott Norton via KO in 3.26 of round 2. Rating: 59/100El Samurai and Masayuki Naruse retained the IWGP Jr tag belts over Masahito Kakihara and AKIRA in 42.41 when Naruse pinned AKIRA after a spinning backfist. Rating: 89/100Shinsuke Nakamura retained the U-30 title over Kazunari Murakami via naked choke in 13.15. Rating: 75/100Later on, we have Barnett/Takayama in an UC bout, Liger/Kanemoto for the IWGP Jr title, TenKoji team up for the first time in ages to take on Hulk Hogan and Brock Lesnar, and a main event of Chono vs Muto for the NWF title. If this don't draw, I'm blaming the shooters :angry: I've also been playing Shinobi for the PS2. And I got paid today, so might pick up something else.

Guest Tidus

Cool, another Final Fantasy fan, however, i hate Tidus :p but i'll let you off.Tidus, you on www.adventchildren.net forums????????

Lol, I'm not much of a Tidus fan either but its stuck on forums from when I played it and then used the name in 2002. And no I'm not on the Advent Children forum. It looks pretty cool but meh, give me news of FFXII or another FF game anyday. :p;)

Timesplitters 3.It is FUCKING excellent.

Have you played online? Thats where the real fun is. :) Edited by Tidus

Cool, another Final Fantasy fan, however, i hate Tidus :p but i'll let you off.Tidus, you on www.adventchildren.net forums????????

Lol, I'm not much of a Tidus fan either but its stuck on forums from when I played it and then used the name in 2002. And no I'm not on the Advent Children forum. It looks pretty cool but meh, give me news of FFXII or another FF game anyday. :p;)
Both of you should be spending less time on message boards and more time playing Tales of Symphonia. See what I wrote about it earlier in the thread. :)

Guest Tidus

Both of you should be spending less time on message boards and more time playing Tales of Symphonia. See what I wrote about it earlier in the thread. :)

Yeah, I just sorta let that game pass me by. How are the story and characters? I've realised with most non-FF RPGs (apart from Disgaea) that the reason I don't like most of them is the lack of story or characters with any personality.

Disgaea. Oh yes. :)I found it to be a lot like Grandia - at the start it was slow and a little cutesy, but later on the plot and characters really got fleshed out. The dungeons remind me of Grandia too, and that's a good thing. But having said that, both the plot and characters are much better than Grandia. One of the bad guys (it'd be a major spoiler to say which) is my favourite RPG villain since Sephiroth. (Unless you count Hades in Kingdom Hearts, which you probably shouldn't.)The real bonus is the combat system - it's live action with you controlling one guy and the AI doing the rest, so you can concentrate on doing all the whacked-out combos and offense and let the other characters take care of the healing and such - or the other way around, if you prefer. It never gets boring, and even if it does, you can just swap which character you're controlling or start avoiding combat altogether (no random encounters!).Make sure you at least rent it - but remember what I said about the slow start...