The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

To the best of my knowledge virtually all of IWA-MS' shows over the last few years have been released by smart mark video (bar a few where they had a falling out). I'd say smartmarkvideo.com would be a good place to start. Incidentally they had their 400th show over Christmas so I'd guess that they've had most of those shows taped and released.

• Paid Members

Long shot this but I have to ask...Does anybody know what date the WWF Wrestling Classics show aired, or perhaps the week, with the Hogan-Andre evil-twin referees switcheroo title change thing. I'm *sure* I have it due to the fact I've seen it. I have no match listings. So if anybody could help me I'd mark.Cheers.

• Paid Members

WWF Challenge 1988: Feb 13 1988

Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant [WWF Title, The main Event]

[Dibiase/Andre celebration]

[Hulk Hogan promo]

[Jack Tunney's ruling]

Don Muraco vs Ken Johnson

[Jim Duggan promo]

The Islanders vs Lanny Poffo & Eric Cooper

[Reed/OMG/Slick promo]

Bam Bam Bigelow vs Joe Mirto [Clip]

[Hulk Hogan promo]

Bad News Brown vs Dave Stoudimiere

British Bulldogs vs Jose Estrada & Dusty Wolfe [JiP]

[Dibiase/Andre promo]

Should add, I made the listings, but I got the dates from www.classicwrestlingreports.com/

Edited by tiger_rick

tiger_rick Posted: Feb 11 2005, 19:42    European ChampionGroup: Paid MembersPosts: 2,135Member No.: 1,864Joined: 23-February 03 I read in Powerslam (Mar 2001) that WWE had signed David Taylor (Regal's former Blue Blood partner), why did he never make it onto TV?

Scrolled through most of the thread, and didn't see this answered. Didn't Taylor portray "The Duchess" in a Regal "duchess of queensbury" match? He definately was part of the Ohio training team for a while.

• Paid Members

WWF Challenge 1988: Feb 13 1988Hulk Hogan vs Andre The Giant [WWF Title, The main Event][Dibiase/Andre celebration][Hulk Hogan promo][Jack Tunney's ruling]Don Muraco vs Ken Johnson[Jim Duggan promo]The Islanders vs Lanny Poffo & Eric Cooper[Reed/OMG/Slick promo]Bam Bam Bigelow vs Joe Mirto [Clip][Hulk Hogan promo]Bad News Brown vs Dave StoudimiereBritish Bulldogs vs Jose Estrada & Dusty Wolfe [JiP][Dibiase/Andre promo]Should add, I made the listings, but I got the dates from www.classicwrestlingreports.com/

Just wanting to know when it aired on Sky brah. Good info nonetheless.

• Paid Members

Scrolled through most of the thread, and didn't see this answered. Didn't Taylor portray "The Duchess" in a Regal "duchess of queensbury" match?

No brah. That was some mad bint from the WWF communications department, who happened to be English.

what year did WWE start using entrance videos for wrestlers?... hence...who was the first wrestler to have a entrance video?

They've actually used a video-wall for some years now, and even released a video full of them WAY before those "Ramped Up" things a year or so back. So you're looking at around 1992 time...

what year did WWE start using entrance videos for wrestlers?... hence...who was the first wrestler to have a entrance video?

They've actually used a video-wall for some years now, and even released a video full of them WAY before those "Ramped Up" things a year or so back. So you're looking at around 1992 time...
First time I remember seeing them was a "Summerslam Spectacular" that aired just before Summerslam '92.

First time I remember seeing them was a "Summerslam Spectacular" that aired just before Summerslam '92.

I remember that. The WWF had to put on a USA S'Slam show to show the US they weren't leaving them out. It wasn't a bad card if I remeber correctly.

Guest Patrick Bateman

The WWF had to put on a USA S'Slam show to show the US they weren't leaving them out. It wasn't a bad card if I remeber correctly.

I never knew that! Can anyone tell me what the card was?

I remember that. The WWF had to put on a USA S'Slam show to show the US they weren't leaving them out. It wasn't a bad card if I remeber correctly.
Yeah, was pretty good from what I remember. I've still got it on tape somewhere.The video wall used to show those "logo's" (for lack of a better word) each wrestler had, and had a huge Union Jack for the rest of the time.Think they also used that card to further the feuds between Michaels/Martel and Savage/Warrior. Was it the show where Savage/Warrior teamed up against Nasty Boys and Flair/Perfect got involved?

• Paid Members

The show wasn't specifically because of SummerSlam being in the UK. In the days of the four PPVs a year, they always had a special show before each one on the USA network. Full results of the relevant taping (from www.historyofthewwe.com):

WWF @ Nashville, TN - August 11, 1992 (7,500)Wrestling Challenge taping:Summer Slam Spectacular - 8/23/92:Ric Flair (w/ Mr. Perfect) defeated Tito Santana via submission with the figure-4 at around 16:30Tatanka pinned Kato with the Samoan Drop at 8:40Nailz defeated Ken Wayne via submission with a choke hold at 3:48The Nasty Boys (w/ Jimmy Hart) defeated WWF World Champion Randy Savage & the Ultimate Warrior via count-out at around the 12-minute mark following interference from Ric Flair and Mr. Perfect and after Savage was hit in the head with Hart's megaphone; after the bout, Warrior chased Flair and Perfect backstage while Savage fought off the Nasty BoysRick Martel defeated Joey Maggs via submission with the Boston Crab at 2:43; during the match, Sensational Sherri came ringside in a flowing pink dress to watch Martel; when Martel noticed her at ringside, he winked at her - with her doing the same to him moments laterKamala (w/ Harvey Wippleman & Kimchee) pinned Burt Stiles with a splash at 2:31Ted Dibiase & IRS defeated the Bushwhackers when IRS scored the pin with a roll up at 5:49WWF IC Champion Bret Hart defeated Skinner via submission with the Sharpshooter at 5:52 (Bret the Hitman Hart - His Greatest Matches 93)Prime Time Wrestling - 9/14/92: Sgt. Slaughter fought Nailz to a no contest when Nailz brutally attacked Slaughter with the ring bell, nightstick, and steel chairs; after the bout, Slaughter was carried off on a stretcher (Slaughter's last match until 1997)