The UKFF [Nearly-Official] Questions Thread

tiger_rick

He turned babyface when he reunited with Liz at WM7. I can't explain why he'd be a heel commentator after WM7, unless it was taped before it or something.

Savage still empathised with the heels until he became an active wrestler again, in the 3 man Superstars commentary team with Vince (erm, neutral), Piper (face) and Savage (heel). In many ways it's quite beautiful that they would do it like this, because Savage was a nasty guy for some years, and it took the love of a good woman to gradually change his attitude... :D

He had a world-beating feud with Aldo Montoya and was managed by Cornette~ Thats all I remember.I could be nuts here but isn't the guy who played PN Newz his brother?

I believe so. Mantaur is better known to European fans as Bruiser Mastino, while PN "Paul Neu" Newz was Cannonball Grizzly...or the other way round...!

• Paid Members

Does anyone know when the BWO 1st apeared in ECW?

November To Remember 1996. It was supposed to be a one night gimmick (like all of their other parodies), but it got over so well they just went with it.
Did ECW ever get sued for it?

November To Remember 1996. It was supposed to be a one night gimmick (like all of their other parodies), but it got over so well they just went with it.
Don't think so. Without digging around on Google and researching it I can't think of any legal action coming from the parodies.

Why did the WWE drop the Slammys and which year were the last ones? 1997?

It was 97 i think. I also want to know why the WWE dropped it? The 96/97 slammys were class.

The first amendment to the US Constitution protects parody and satire from the libel laws, so a case like that would be a non-starter. Same with the Billionaire Ted skits.

The first amendment to the US Constitution protects parody and satire from the libel laws, so a case like that would be a non-starter. Same with the Billionaire Ted skits.
Even though the WWF kept going on about how Turner was taking legal action against them....!

Well yeah, but that was part of a much bigger legal mess, involving the trademark infringement with Scott Hall and Kevin Nash "in their Razor Ramon and Diesel characterisations" appearing on WCW shows, the DX WCW invasion and all sorts of other dodgy shit. Every lawyer in America knows you can't sue parodists or satirists for libel. It all goes back to The People Vs. Larry Flynt (the lawsuit, not the film).

Does anybody have the skivvy on what Dan Maff did to Homicide?

Phoned him up and agreed to work an angle with him.
No way. Maff BETRAYED the 187 on a STREET LEVEL, G. This ain't no internet smart mark work shit, dog, this is some REAL shit, and Maff betta watch his back, because Homi is a legit street gangsta and will fuck up the 3-foot-taller and 200lbs-heavier Maff in a heartbeat for what that biatch did.Also, he'll break his keyboard.