Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Paid Members
Posted

RIP Pac. Absolutely horrible, this. Life can be a right cunt sometimes.

I know I'd had a few digs before about his AEW schedule but that's because, selfishly, he was that enjoyable to watch I wanted him there 100% of the time. He was a joy to watch in the ring and will be sorely missed.

 

  • Paid Members
Posted
46 minutes ago, BomberPat said:

I hadn't even thought about this but, no, it doesn't look like it. Nothing on their website or any of their social media.

Thats weird, there was on their Facebook earlier but its gone now. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
3 hours ago, DavidB6937 said:

I know it's been mentioned a few times but the fact he was able to wrestle his style as a heel is something so rare. I can't think of many guys that have been able to convincingly pull off a heel persona while doing moves like PAC did. Obviously he mixed them in with more grounded stuff and brought the intensity which helped, as well as a willingness to commit to the character as well. He just had a real understanding of what he was looking to do that so many could only dream of.

This is something I was singing his praises for just yesterday, which makes this whole situation feel so much more surreal.

The way modern wrestling works, a high-flyer is kind of inherently a babyface thing to be - it's fast-paced, it's death-defying, it's exciting, all things designed to pop an audience. A lesser wrestler would have seen the way to get himself over as a heel would be to just cut all that stuff out, don't give the fans anything to be impressed by, and get back to basics. What PAC was better than anyone I think I've ever seen at was working heel without diminishing his athleticism in that way; the way he was able to get a move as mind-blowing as the Black Arrow over not as an impressively flippy acrobatic display, but as a really targeted, offensive attack. It's so rare that the focus on a top rope move is what it does rather than how it looks. And it wasn't just the Black Arrow - even at All Out, he was doing all the usual flips and handsprings and roll-throughs, but because he does them so slow and deliberately, it's still heel work, there's still intensity to it. Even when he does speed up, it never feels like he's upping the pace of the match to make things feel more exciting, it feels like "oh fuck, here he comes", because you know that whatever he does at the end of it is going to look brutal. A guy who does flips and dives and acrobatics shouldn't work as a "Death Riders", but it's a testament to him that he was arguably the most convincing and the most terrifying of the lot of them.

And I've just realised how much of that I was still writing in present tense about him. Fuck.

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Thats weird, there was on their Facebook earlier but its gone now. 

I did see that too, it was rather out-of-character for WWE to use his AEW/indies name and even put the hashtag #AEW in the post. Maybe some rogue intern who’s since been given a bollocking? If WWE have take it down already, what miserable sods.

PAC was phenomenal, and 40 is no fucking age. That’s all I have to say.

Edited by Justin Breeding
  • Paid Members
Posted
18 minutes ago, ReturnOfTheMack said:

Thats weird, there was on their Facebook earlier but its gone now. 

10 minutes ago, Justin Breeding said:

I did see that too, it was rather out-of-character for WWE to use his AEW/indies name and even put the hashtag #AEW in the post. Maybe some rogue intern who’s since been given a bollocking? If WWE have take it down already, what miserable sods.

PAC was phenomenal, and 40 is no fucking age. That’s all I have to say.

I think what you've both perhaps seen is this, a Facebook post that went viral from a fake account pretending to be the official WWE account. As far as I know, they've not issued any sort of tribute on their socials. I would hope they'd have a graphic before RAW and NXT at the very least - but even if they don't, I imagine the wrestlers themselves and perhaps also the announcers will acknowledge it. I can't imagine Corey Graves going through the broadcast without paying tribute to his former partner. 

  • Paid Members
Posted

The ROH YouTube channel are releasing full PAC matches every hour until 8pm. They’ve got a couple up now. AEW have full matches on their channel in their full matches playlist that has a few PAC matches too. 

  • Paid Members
Posted
1 hour ago, RedTwoster said:

I think what you've both perhaps seen is this, a Facebook post that went viral from a fake account pretending to be the official WWE account. As far as I know, they've not issued any sort of tribute on their socials. I would hope they'd have a graphic before RAW and NXT at the very least - but even if they don't, I imagine the wrestlers themselves and perhaps also the announcers will acknowledge it. I can't imagine Corey Graves going through the broadcast without paying tribute to his former partner. 

The one I saw was a blue ticked profile post. I checked specifically for the tick. But I didnt click into the profile to make sure it was actually a WWE one rather than a changed name or the like.

Posted

I find it a bit uncomfortable when people start following socials of companies and other people to see who posts when about someone dying.

It's not a race. There's no right or wrong way of dealing with something like that.

There's more important things in the grand scheme of things than who posted what when on socials.

If nothing pops up from WWE today and they don't bother mentioning it on RAW then fair enough have a pop then because they've had plenty of opportunity by that point.

But some are like "oh Sami hasn't posted yet" or "oh Finn hasn't posted yet" and it's just like fuck off. A man has died. People are all taking it in their own ways and don't owe anyone anything.

  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)

I don't think we should read anything into this. They clearly have certain things lined up and have processes to put something new out. I think it's come a long way since it was just one bloke with the password, as socials were in the early days.

When Ludek Miklosko sadly passed away recently, I had a click to see what QPR had posted and there was nothing on about him but there was a post about their fans birthdays or something. They then posted later in the day about Ludek. The first post was obviously scheduled and it had taken them some time to sort out what they were going to put out about Miklosko.

I think if WWE don't acknowledge it at all, that's fair game but they should be given a fair chance to get something together. 

Edited by tiger_rick
  • Paid Members
Posted
6 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said:

I find it a bit uncomfortable when people start following socials of companies and other people to see who posts when about someone dying.

It's not a race. There's no right or wrong way of dealing with something like that.

There's more important things in the grand scheme of things than who posted what when on socials.

If nothing pops up from WWE today and they don't bother mentioning it on RAW then fair enough have a pop then because they've had plenty of opportunity by that point.

But some are like "oh Sami hasn't posted yet" or "oh Finn hasn't posted yet" and it's just like fuck off. A man has died. People are all taking it in their own ways and don't owe anyone anything.

100% this. There will absolutely be an approvals process for something like this, and a set procedure - and that may well be that tributes to external figures come from high ranking officials (ie. Triple H) with an additional tribute on their TV shows.

I hope they pay tribute to their sign guy on air too. For far too long, WWE almost seemed embarrassed by its most hardcore of fans and his story, in which he became a super fan after the death of his wife through cancer, was really touching and sad. I'm glad Triple H has acknowledged him at least. 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...