Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted
9 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

How is it actually fucking with AEW though?

Is there posts here where it's claimed this is going to successfully fuck with AEW? 

People seem to just be calling out the repugnancy of the move based on the intention, which you readily admit is there. 

The post on the previous page which brought this up again quite literally states "...and likely won’t make a single difference to AEW’s ratings." 

Posted
9 minutes ago, The Gaffer said:

Is there posts here where it's claimed this is going to successfully fuck with AEW? 

People seem to just be calling out the repugnancy of the move based on the intention, which you readily admit is there. 

The post on the previous page which brought this up again quite literally states "...and likely won’t make a single difference to AEW’s ratings." 

So why the outrage? It makes no difference. I can see why Meltzer and the like want to spin it as this horrible thing - it gives them clicks and revenue - but why does anyone else care?

If it made a difference in a negative way, it would be a shitty thing to do and worthy of consternation. It doesn't and isn't. 





 

  • Paid Members
Posted
2 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

So why the outrage? It makes no difference.

Pat made a good post recently about the reasons for putting a show on in the same place as All Out. To try and take the press overage and local interest away from All Out.

This is clearly designed similarly to try and dominate the online discussion, to have people talking about something other than Dynamite in the wrestling space. Eating into their viewership at a traditionally crucial time of year is another by-product.  Why else do you think they're choosing to put a 4 day old show out an hour before Dynamite.

5 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

 it would be a shitty thing to do and worthy of consternation. It doesn't and isn't. 

Before the Pac news, it was just petty. Now it's disgusting.

Posted
11 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

So why the outrage? It makes no difference. I can see why Meltzer and the like want to spin it as this horrible thing - it gives them clicks and revenue - but why does anyone else care?

If it made a difference in a negative way, it would be a shitty thing to do and worthy of consternation. It doesn't and isn't. 





 

Your award for being above all this wrestle warz nonsense is in the mail. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

How is it actually fucking with AEW though? Is anyone who is inclined to watch AEW suddenly going to go "Hmm, I think I'll watch When Worlds Collide" instead?

Even if they did, they could still watch AEW afterwards, which will still count towards AEW's streaming numbers.

I keep hearing "It's fucking with AEW" but nobody has yet to explain how it specifically does. I'm sure WWE thinks it does - but it doesn't. However, it's easy clicks and likes for pro wrestling sites to say it does. Plus, it's great fodder for the babyface (Tony Khan) to say how the big nasty heel (WWE) is continually fucking with them. It's all classic pro wrestling.

Now, running a live show in the same city is unquestionably done to fuck with AEW - you are asking the local audience to choose which they go to and potentially diminish the live gate of AEW. That is a long established shitty wrestling practice that even independent promotions are guilty of. 

Broadcast shows, especially these days, are different. There is no "splitting the audience". Consumers choose how and when they watch. If I watch Dynamite live, and then When Worlds Collide, I am still watching both shows. It makes not one bit of difference that I don't watch one or the other at the exact time it is broadcast. Plus, as I said, we are now in a position where, if it really mattered that much, I actually could watch both live.

You're thinking about this from a very outdated perspective where attendance numbers and ratings were the main metrics.  Running live shows in the same area as AEW has far less to do with making fans choose which show to attend and far more to do with making sure the media and commercial attention in that area doesn't all go towards AEW (and in some cases actually making them choose one or the other).  Same goes for these televised counter-shows - every news story or social media post about the WWE show is a direct dilution of what could have otherwise been full attention on AEW.  It's about trying to limit/reduce AEW's growth and momentum - any adverse impact to AEW's attendance/ratings are just a happy by-product rather than the main goal. 

**EDIT**

@tiger_rick beat me to it!

 

Edited by CTXRussomark
  • Paid Members
Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Snitsky's back acne said:

So why the outrage? It makes no difference. I can see why Meltzer and the like want to spin it as this horrible thing - it gives them clicks and revenue - but why does anyone else care?

If it made a difference in a negative way, it would be a shitty thing to do and worthy of consternation. It doesn't and isn't. 





 

Come on professor, are you being willfully thick here? I expect better than a cheap David impression from a learned man such as yourself. You even acknowledge that their intention is to fuck them over, then ask why people might have a problem with it? Very poor, stay after class. 

Edited by gmoney
  • Paid Members
Posted

Would there be any blowback on them from advertisers etc if they move it? That's the only rationale I can think of that would give them pause to not air it. Especially as it's a taped show. It just seems like such an easy way to garner some good press, that it boggles the mind they haven't moved it unless there's a commercial/potential contractual reason not to do it. 

Posted
1 hour ago, The Gaffer said:

Your award for being above all this wrestle warz nonsense is in the mail. 

I'm not above it, I just don't get the uproar. 

If it had actually had an affect, I'd likely be on the same page but it hasn't and it won't.

"Ah, but it's the intent!" - sure, okay, it's the intent. If their intent annoys you, fair enough. Go be annoyed.

I'm not overly arsed about the intent - we all know how this works - I'm looking at the outcome.

It's just different perspectives. 



 

Posted
1 hour ago, SuperBacon said:

Looking back, does everyone think WCW putting Nitro head to head with WWE was deliberate? Think it might have been you know.

I doubt it was deliberately. Just different perspectives.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...