Merzbow Posted Saturday at 02:50 PM Author Posted Saturday at 02:50 PM Apologies for the X link but fucking hell, that just looked stupid. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted Saturday at 03:11 PM Posted Saturday at 03:11 PM (edited) 21 minutes ago, Merzbow said: Apologies for the X link but fucking hell, that just looked stupid. Link hasn't shown up for me, was it the one where the guy was lobbed from the stage to the ring into a chair over/through the ropes? Only ask as I saw another silly clip of a Japanese match where they came off the top rope into a slam with a chair around their neck Wrestlers really arent the sharpest tools in the drawer are they? Edited Saturday at 03:12 PM by Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Quote
Merzbow Posted Saturday at 03:55 PM Author Posted Saturday at 03:55 PM 43 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said: Link hasn't shown up for me, was it the one where the guy was lobbed from the stage to the ring into a chair over/through the ropes? Only ask as I saw another silly clip of a Japanese match where they came off the top rope into a slam with a chair around their neck Wrestlers really arent the sharpest tools in the drawer are they? The former but I need to see the latter now, sounds daft as shit. Quote
Tim Healys Chutney Spoon Posted Saturday at 06:52 PM Posted Saturday at 06:52 PM 2 hours ago, Merzbow said: The former but I need to see the latter now, sounds daft as shit. Hope this works! https://www.facebook.com/share/v/19p481rUxL/ Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted Monday at 03:14 PM Paid Members Posted Monday at 03:14 PM 11 minutes ago, Callum1993 said: No post on their official X about it but of course news of yet another sponsorship deal instead. Awful awful company. Didn't want to reply to this in the Pac thread, for obvious reasons. But on the actual post that's been shared, it's another Radio WWE situation. Buying up another news outlet with an established fanbase. I don't blame WWE, they do what they do but these "media" companies who are so willing to chuck away any independance for a couple of quid are really shit. Even the media are marks in pro-wrestling. Quote
DavidB6937 Posted Monday at 03:33 PM Posted Monday at 03:33 PM 18 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Didn't want to reply to this in the Pac thread, for obvious reasons. But on the actual post that's been shared, it's another Radio WWE situation. Buying up another news outlet with an established fanbase. I don't blame WWE, they do what they do but these "media" companies who are so willing to chuck away any independance for a couple of quid are really shit. Even the media are marks in pro-wrestling. I'm curious as to what the overall benefit is to a media company by selling out to someone like WWE. Is it not incredibly limiting for them? Or are the "exclusives" worth it enough that they don't care about the wider coverage anymore? Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted Monday at 03:44 PM Paid Members Posted Monday at 03:44 PM 8 minutes ago, DavidB6937 said: I'm curious as to what the overall benefit is to a media company by selling out to someone like WWE. Is it not incredibly limiting for them? Or are the "exclusives" worth it enough that they don't care about the wider coverage anymore? In the short term, they'll probably get some access and plenty of eyeballs from the press releases and WWE pushing them. Longer term, I think you're right in that it will limit who visits them and how seriously anyone takes them. They obviously don't care about that and the money being offered makes it worthwhile. Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted Monday at 04:15 PM Paid Members Posted Monday at 04:15 PM As I understand it, Bully Ray and his gang of whoppers selling out to Radio WWE has meant they no longer cover AEW, so I don’t have to see clips of him dropping his ice cold takes on my timeline after every AEW show. I consider this a huge positive. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted Monday at 04:55 PM Paid Members Posted Monday at 04:55 PM I’m not entirely sure where else to put this, but I’ve just learned that Eric Bischoff took his Real American Freestyle company to Moscow, potentially even violating US sanctions on Russia (link to ESPN). I know he’s right wing and almost certainly pro-Trump, I know he’s a grifter, I know he’s been to North Korea in the past but in spite of all this, flying in the face of all logic, I still can’t help but feel disappointed every time he and his type willingly throw all morals aside just to make a few extra dollars. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted 7 hours ago Paid Members Posted 7 hours ago I'm hesitant to put this in the Pac thread, just because it's so anger-inducing, but fuck me. What absolute ghouls those cunts are. Quote
Doog Posted 7 hours ago Posted 7 hours ago Eh? How are WWE trying to exploit his death exactly? If anyone is its that idiot reporting this! Things like this just serve to undermine genuine stuff that you can criticise and have a pop at WWE for, and as we know there are many. Weird. Quote
Paid Members Chris B Posted 7 hours ago Paid Members Posted 7 hours ago (edited) 3 minutes ago, Doog said: Eh? How are WWE trying to exploit his death exactly? If anyone is its that idiot reporting this! Things like this just serve to undermine genuine stuff that you can criticise and have a pop at WWE for, and as we know there are many. Weird. It's the fact that they tried to fuck with his visa is the point. Edit - the thread gives more context. In the early days of AEW, WWE snitched on him to immigration, which could have caused him to be banned from the US. Absolutely awful shit to pull. Edited 7 hours ago by Chris B Quote
Paid Members chokeout Posted 7 hours ago Paid Members Posted 7 hours ago Im not sure of the full context, but im pretty sure if someone has a work visa, then their employer has to report if that employment finishes? Quote
Paid Members Supremo Posted 6 hours ago Paid Members Posted 6 hours ago Reports that WWE are going ahead with counter-programming Dynamite with Worlds Collide, despite it being a Pac Tribute Show. Stay classy, Fed. Even accepting that it’s only on YouTube, will immediately be available On Demand, and likely won’t make a single difference to AEW’s ratings. You just wouldn’t, would you? How much is TKO worth? Do they not have a PR department? It’s as if their default strategy regarding optics is to always look like the biggest ghouls imaginable. Quote
Members SuperBacon Posted 6 hours ago Members Posted 6 hours ago 1 hour ago, chokeout said: Im not sure of the full context, but im pretty sure if someone has a work visa, then their employer has to report if that employment finishes? Correct, same as in this country with football players, they then need a new work permit from their new employer. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.