AEW All Out 2024 - September 7th

Supremo

• Paid Members

I know ticket sales chat is about as interesting as TV ratings chat, but it’s been great following WrestleTix on Twitter the last few days, which suggests Hangman setting fire to Swerve’s house has suddenly shifted over two thousand tickets.

Proper pro wrestling. Houses drawn off cool angles, hot feuds and interesting characters fighting each other. CM Punk would be so proud of Hanger. He’ll undoubtedly send a congratulatory text.

Or maybe everyone was waiting until it was declared a no-Vortex zone before finally buying a ticket.

Edited by Supremo

Do we think Mox will appear somewhere? Would seem weird him just starting a new program with Marina Shafir and different 'plans' to what we've seen before and then not appearing on one of their biggest PPV events. 

Shane O'Mac appearance too? 

• Paid Members

Someone at work suggested they'd heard on the grapevine Shane o Mac is going to be the leader/manager for a new stable with Mox and Marina. It sounds like bollocks but god I'd love that for how mental it is.

• Paid Members

Outstanding video package. This is one of the best feuds AEW have ever done. Turned Swerve into a Superstar and turned the purest babyface in decades into the most interesting, maniacal heel imaginable. Peak.

I understand people wanting to see them eventually become a team. In five years, sure. But not now. Not any time soon. These men were built to destroy each other. Cannot wait to see the insanity they deliver tonight.

He gave them EVERYTHING! And they chose HIM!

IMG_9460.jpeg.25a9db7a6fd1eb6e4b3024cab8421cb3.jpeg

Edited by Supremo

I have a feeling we aren’t going to get a definitive finish in the Hangman/Swerve match, I think we’ll get some sort of fuck finish where they do something that takes it way to far, like say setting the cage on fire or attempting to, and either/or TK and Daniels come out to call it off

Say what you like about Jim Ross, but he did a far better job than the other announcers at getting across just how brutal the main event and plastic bag angles were.

As far as the bag is concerned, Excalibur, Taz and Schiavone really undersold it. Excalibur should have completely ignored what Shakir was doing and actually sounded quite desperate. Heck, I’d like to have seen ringside staff desperately attempt to intervene to show how over-the-line this was. That said, it was different - and I’m glad to see the BCC dissolve.

The main event was too much for me, but I appreciate that some will enjoy it, it’s just not to my tastes. It was clearly good for what it was - but needles and chairshots to the head - even gimmicked ones - aren’t for me.

What is for me though, is Ospreay/Pac. Fuck me, that was a beautiful match. PAC is one of the most underrated wrestlers in the industry, and this was a perfect reminder of what he’s capable of. Unless I’m forgetting something, that’s probably AEW’s match of the year for me. Just sublime.

Statlander/Willow was also brilliant, even more so when you consider they had to follow Ospreay/Pac and actually managed to do so - getting the crowd into it under the most challenging of circumstances. AEW is on a run of brilliant women’s matches, and I hope we get to see one close a PPV sooner rather than later. The Storm/May rematch, perhaps?

Mone/Shida was the only match on the show I think you could legitimately class as disappointing. The main event wasn’t for me, but it obviously delivered. But this? Mone is rivalling Jericho for worst wrestler this year. She clearly has talent, but almost everything she’s done in AEW has been bad. When you consider what she’s allegedly paid, she - so far - has to be considered one of the biggest dud signings ever.

Statlander/Willow stole it for me just from overdelivering for sure. Just really got me. Felt like two women with a point to prove. Unlike Mercedes who just isn't working for me. I always said i wasn't that bothered about her and she's really done nothing to convince me otherwise.

The main event was definitely too much for me BUT at the same time I see completely why they did it. That's the feud they've built and the natural progression. All too often you get hate feuds turning into chain wrestling or normal ish matches and it feels a bit silly. So this felt like two guys delivering on their hate. And for that it was great but just not really my kinda thing these days.

And the BCC stuff? Yeah it was a bit all over the place. I thought holding Wheeler back was the best part about it. Just loved that detail. But the reactions were all over the place. And the timing? Did that need to be on the same show as a main event where you've already got two guys trying to kill each other? Sometimes they just need to let things breathe and allow the focus to be on something rather than diluting it with so many things going on at once. Especially OTT violence.

A good solid card but yeah I do think they could afford to space some of this stuff out a bit maybe.

• Paid Members

Someone said All In is AEW’s WrestleMania. All Out is their This what AEW really is show. And I think that nails it. Both shows were wonderful in completely different ways. Will/Pac and Statlander/Nightingale were my favourites though also thought Perry/Danielson over delivered and Swerve/Page was as insane as you’d expect. Only match that under delivered was Mone/Shida. What a PPV though.

• Paid Members

In normal circumstances I would say the needle stuff and the chair stuff was maybe too far, but in the context of this match where it's the biggest blood feud they've had and it already involves drinking each other's blood, home invasions and arson, it made sense that one or both of them would go this far.

After he took the grille out and then stuck a needle in there though I did get legit worried they were going to do a teeth pulling spot.

The best thing is? I still think Hangman is the one in the right here.

One thing I will say though is JR gave the ending away as soon as the match started by adding "or by Knockout" and then it was clearly obvious what would happen.

I actually found the Bryan bag thing to be too much because contextually that didn't make sense, and it was also attempted murder. That was edgy for edgy sake and it didn't land for me. I also find the entirety of the BCC dull so that didn't get me any more invested.

Edited by FLips