AEW All Out 2024 - September 7th

Supremo

• Paid Members
5 hours ago, BomberPat said:

I'm really fascinated by this too - his character has been defined by its relationship to Swerve Strickland, and I have no idea where it goes from here.

Yeah I'm here too. He's the most compelling character in wrestling but his next move is a legitimate mystery.  The good thing about him is the nature of his fan reactions means he could easily go up against anyone on the roster. He'd get babyface reactions against the Elite, for example, without actually changing his character at all. 

Normally a big win like this would signify a title challenge, but as you say there are lots of stories lining up there already. On the other hand AEW has had a tendency to stack up ongoing challengers in the story, so maybe that is the plan. Returning Joe, maybe? Follow up the animosity with Jeff Jarrett in a bullrope match? Chris Jericho?

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Duke said:

Yeah I'm here too. He's the most compelling character in wrestling but his next move is a legitimate mystery.  

I think you have to give him the World title sooner rather than later. It feels like the natural next step and he's an exciting option. Swerve beating Hangman for the title should be the end goal.

But smaller feuds with Daniel Garcia and Orange Cassidy could work until then. If Joe returns soon that'd definitely work. 

There's actually tons of top guys in AEW Hangman hasn't really done much with.

Ospreay, Okada, Eddie, MJF, Darby ( one random dynamite the other week but nothing major), Copeland, Christian. Then you've got guys like Garcia and Takeshita and Orange Cassidy and Briscoe who I think would make for fun matches and feuds.

AEW is always better when Hangman is doing something big and important. He's fucking great.

• Paid Members
44 minutes ago, Supremo said:

Hangman getting Vortexed would break my heart

Everyone is getting Vortexed eventually so best to get it over with and try and recover, because Jericho is never going anywhere while he can get Tony's money and the clout of fresh victims.