Not that this is a massive thing, but the "football watching" optics during the Euros is going to be painful. Its bad enough at any time, but during a GE will be so bad.

Kier Starmer is clearly a big football fan, but sounds like he's never actually seen a game in his life when he speaks about it, and Sunak claims to be a Saints fan, but in a week in which he should be thinking about nothing but the play offs, he announces the election! Fairweather clearly.

What would be nice is if Kane wore an armband with the slogan "FPTP is dead" in the first match and called them both shit, but we all know where his heart really lies.

• Paid Members
3 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

What would be nice is if Kane wore an armband with the slogan "FPTP is dead" in the first match and called them both shit, but we all know where his heart really lies.

Should have it written on his mask

39 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Sunak claims to be a Saints fan, but in a week in which he should be thinking about nothing but the play offs, he announces the election! Fairweather clearly.

I always hate when these photos go round and people say "God they look so bored" or "They clearly don't want to be there"

Then don't agree to it! Do what I did when a Tory minister came to my old workplace and stand outside smoking and drinking coffee. Bloody well hard me.

Poltiicans and Football make me laugh. Cameron forgetting what team he supported, Like a reptillian trying to be human. The fake laugh, the awkwardness, the realisation he's messed up.

6 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

I always hate when these photos go round and people say "God they look so bored" or "They clearly don't want to be there"

Then don't agree to it! Do what I did when a Tory minister came to my old workplace and stand outside smoking and drinking coffee. Bloody well hard me.

George Osborne was meant to come to my work once when he was chancellor. I was taken into the office and was told I could have the afternoon off. The prick cancelled though. 

You know how they have seat fillers at awards shows when people go for a piss? Maybe they do that for these events for double hard bastards who go for a fag break. Like here, for instance. 

• Paid Members
1 minute ago, Chest Rockwell said:

None of this has anything to do with the election.

Every Japanese pervert's line when they get caught

16 minutes ago, SuperBacon said:

Sunak is out drumming up support and votes for a general election. So it does doesn't it?

Chest is clearly quoting Gianni Infantino when reminded about his links to Putin, Qatar, and his expenses. 

4 hours ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

It almost feels like Rishi is trying to destroy the Tories but getting them wiped out in the election because he knows the rot is in there and they will topple him otherwise. If that happens maybe history will be kinder to Rishi. 

Stop calling him Rishi.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Carbomb said:

The only thing he'll really be remembered for is as the UK's first non-white prime minister. 

As an aside, something that really boils my piss is that the Tories, the party of exclusion, have had three women prime ministers and two ethnic minority ones, whereas Labour, who are supposed to march under the banner of inclusion and progress, have had one female deputy leader. They need to get their fucking act together, it's shameful.

Him being the first non-white prime minister means fuck all in my eyes. If he'd won an election, I think it would be quite an achievement but he didn't, he lost a leadership contest then became PM because the person he lost to was a complete fuckwit. I feel the same about May and Truss. I don't like Thatcher, but I do think a woman winning an election in the seventies was a hell of an achievement. 

Labour have had 3 female deputy leaders, although only one has served as that in a government (Harman).

Edited by westlondonmist