Ring Of Fire: Fury vs Usyk - May 18 🇸🇦🥊

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

The only reason he had Fury stumbling around the ring with no legs, completely out of it, saved by the ropes, then saved by the bell, is because his country is at war. Wouldn’t have happened otherwise.

• Paid Members
4 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

I thought rounds 1/2 were Usyk's, 3-7 was arguably Fury's fight and then round 8 onwards Usyk took over. I think. I got swept up in it and didn't score it properly.

The mark of a great fight. It’s a bit of a cliche and judges (rightly) get a lot of stick but I really would hate to be a judge for fights like this. Watching at home I definitely felt Usyk won, and I feel the same today. But if we were getting swept up in it, imagine being sat ringside for and having to basically remove emotion from it and just focus on scoring? I know it’s their job but Christ it’s a difficult one.

• Paid Members

I was surprised to Eddie Hearn say he thought Fury won the first six rounds and it felt like a mismatch until the 7th, I scored the first 4 for Usyk. Scores are all over the place, everyone seems to have a different read on it. My card was very similar to Chris Mannix, and he's notorious for having some wild takes when scoring fights. Everyone was so invested in it, there's probably a lot of favouring the guy you like the most going on.

Tyson himself clarified in the presser that he thought he was cruising going into the 11th. You would think Tyson and especially his team know better than that though.

• Paid Members
2 minutes ago, Egg Shen said:

Tyson himself clarified in the presser that he thought he was cruising going into the 11th.

Tyson also thought it was January 1st though. 

IMG_9079.jpeg

• Paid Members

I always thought that a fight between these two would be dull, that the boxing skills of both would cancel each other out and we would get a dull technical fencing match that would put everyone to sleep bar each other. I certainly didn't think we would get a fight that could cause this reaction. 

but I didnt count on how much Fury had regressed as a boxer, not by much, but enough, and what a barbarian Usyk could turn in to. A great fight worthy of the undisputed championship. Whatever Usyk does next fair play to him. The triumvirate at the top of Heavyweight boxing was supposed to be Fury, Joshua, and Wilder. Usyk has shown there is only room at the top for him. 

• Paid Members

Yep. Fury, AJ and Wilder should’ve all fought each other years ago yet they fucked about so long Usyk’s gone and mopped up all the gold from under their noses. 

IMG_9157.jpeg

• Paid Members
27 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I always thought that a fight between these two would be dull, that the boxing skills of both would cancel each other out and we would get a dull technical fencing match that would put everyone to sleep bar each other. I certainly didn't think we would get a fight that could cause this reaction. 

but I didnt count on how much Fury had regressed as a boxer, not by much, but enough, and what a barbarian Usyk could turn in to. A great fight worthy of the undisputed championship. Whatever Usyk does next fair play to him. The triumvirate at the top of Heavyweight boxing was supposed to be Fury, Joshua, and Wilder. Usyk has shown there is only room at the top for him. 

Brilliant seeing Adam Smith living and breathing that, his quiet comeback into Boxing after beating cancer has been one of the heartwarming stories of the year. I ragged on Smith at times when he was at Sky, but I missed having him around. Good on him.

• Paid Members

any thoughts on the rest of the card?

Opetaia/Breidis was plodding along and sending me to sleep until round 9 when Breidis decided to really go for it. Opetaia was so far ahead that he got over the line but those last few rounds were dicey. It's a shame Breidis spent the last few years embarrasing himself chasing a Jake Paul fight, he's still got plenty in the tank.

Anthony Cacace battered Joe Cordina. The talking point will obviously be what happened in round 3 and you can point to Cordina never fully recovering but this was a brutal beatdown. Cacace has kind of come from nowhere at 35 to win a world title.

Becoming a big fan of Agit Kabayel. Someones who's proper taking advantage of this Saudi set up. Just a proper meat and potateoes heavyweight, nothing flashy just pressures forward and throws a ton of punches, proper handful. 

Speaking of fighters benefiting from the Saudi setup, Mark Chamberlain, just a mental story. The guy must feel like he's won the lottery. Destructive puncher, ol' Turki will have him headlinging the fucker before long.

3 upsets amongst the 7 main card fights too, just goes to show what good matchmaking and having fighters fight on such a huge stage can produce. 

GN7K3e3WkAA5_XG.png

Yeah Opetaia-Briedis had some good moments but was largely underwhelming,  they were always going to be a bit cagey with each other though considering how brutal their first bout was, and 100% Briedis can still go, commentary was half writing him off before the first bell aswell, I hate boxing commentary sometimes.

Cacace performance was great. 

Yup fairpplay to Kabayel, and another entertaining performance from him, certainly making the most of things, and gave 2 very good accounts of himself in quick succession, hes gone from a man no one was taking any heed of really to being a fighter people will tune in to watch. 

Cracking shot from Chamberlain, and a very likeable chap.

Hopefully Tyson keeps Big John away from camp for the rematch, having all that noise in the corner in an undisputed heavyweight title fight is just absurd, talking over Sugar Hill, just mad stuff that is, sabotaging the fight, and lots of amateur Gyms will give parents a stern warning at best and at the worst kick them out if they try and get too involved when a trainer is doing his business, it was like a circus in there at times. Other than that in general Tyson gave Usyk a very good fight, but Usyk is just quality and his quality shined through and got him the victory.