Ring Of Fire: Fury vs Usyk - May 18 🇸🇦🥊

Who wins?  

20 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I always thought Usyk would win this fight from years ago and nothing has changed. I could see him possibly stopping Fury in the later rounds, but I'll go with Usyk winning on a points decision as he puts on a masterclass performance. His foot work will prove to be the ultimate key to winning the fight. 

• Paid Members

I think Fury wins but I hope you’re right @Gooner just find Usyk impossible to root against. Regardless, I can’t wait for this now. Although I don’t know what’s going on with the outfits here 🤣

IMG_8292.jpeg

With that hat he makes he think he's going full Undertaker entrance tomorrow isn't he? Lights go out GONG smoke, the whole shebang, jacket, the lights come up with his arms, they love taker in Saudi.

The press conference was odd, it seems like Usyk is winning the mind games, or is Fury letting him think that? The weigh in will be interesting. 

Originally I was convinced it was Furys but the closer we get I feel Usyk might do it. Hopefully if it goes the distance the judges call it right, can't be having a controversial decision in this.

• Paid Members

I read the presser was abit of an akward non-event so I skipped it. Nothing else need to sell it to me anyways, im just waiting for it to start.

• Paid Members

Sorry for the tangent, but that attempt at looking like the Undertaker makes me think Fury, win or lose, will want to do a match with Brock Lesnar at some point.

I've got a good record of predicting fights recently, but I'm not convinced with this one.

My gut says Tyson finishes him, and fairly easily. Maybe within 6 to 8 rounds. Don't know why, think just falling back on the old maxim of a good biggun beating a good littlun.

I hope I'm wrong. If life was in any way fair, Usyk wins, but it's not.

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)

Pretty much my thinking as well Daz. Hoping Usyk, expecting Fury. Although I’m thinking it goes the distance.

From the weigh in…

IMG_8789.thumb.jpeg.8bb041d70d7edc0be9be69f465336d1d.jpeg

I totally get why they do it but having that many people on the stage ruins these face-offs for me. Like I said, I get it to an extent and Tyson did push Usyk here. I get why they’d want enough people up there to be able to break it up. But that many? At least a topless John Fury didn’t get to stand right in front of them during the face-off this time though, like he did at the Ngannou weigh in.

Fury weighed in at 262lbs. So 15lbs lighter than he was against Ngannou. Usyk was 233lbs which is a lot heavier than I expected, 12.6lbs more than the Dubois fight. I understand why he might wanna be bigger for this fight but I’m not sure I like it.

Edit - There’s a video going around now from the weigh in and it sounds like Usyk actually weighed in at 223lbs but Buffer misheard it and announced 233. Fucking amateur hour. 

Edited by wandshogun09