Once In A Lifetime Display.

• Paid Members

I live about 5 miles south of Lincoln and these photos were taken from my garden just now. Not by me because I have a shit phone, but that is by the by. IMG-20240510-WA0009.thumb.jpg.db4674b312f687e328ac81bf4fc6d9ee.jpgIMG-20240510-WA0010.thumb.jpg.f1fb5839aa767590579026d043b1e2b9.jpg

The aurora is spectacular. I'm the wrong side of 50 and I've never seen the aurora before. Life may be shite at times but nature never ceases to amaze. If you want a chance at seeing the aurora and you can get to a dark space now is your best chance. 

Posted (edited)

I’ve been standing in the garden in complete awe. Stunning. 

Edit - South Manchester. 

Edited by Keith Houchen
This is not my beautiful house. This is not my beautiful wife

• Paid Members

South Manchester - really? No light pollution at all?

Well jealous. Got no chance here in London.

2 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Well jealous. Got no chance here in London.

What I saw was like a cloud but you could tell it wasn’t a cloud if that makes sense, but once you used your phone it picked up the colours. 

• Paid Members
Just now, Keith Houchen said:

What I saw was like a cloud but you could tell it wasn’t a cloud if that makes sense, but once you used your phone it picked up the colours. 

My parents went to Norway a few years ago, and my dad came back grumbling that the aurora borealis is just a big con, because you couldn't see anything and that it didn't look anything like the pictures, unless you used a camera.

• Paid Members

When it started I could only see anything by using the camera, but the later it got the better you could see it. We are at the point now that I can see the red and green colour with the naked eye, though the clearest part is like big rays of cloud in the sky. 

7 minutes ago, Frankie Crisp said:

Disappointed. Thought this was going to a standalone thread about us snotting Man. United on Monday.

Let’s be honest, that’s hardly going to be once in a lifetime, not even once a decade. 

1 hour ago, Carbomb said:

My parents went to Norway a few years ago, and my dad came back grumbling that the aurora borealis is just a big con, because you couldn't see anything and that it didn't look anything like the pictures, unless you used a camera.

I have to admit I felt a little bit short changed the first time I seen it as well. Tonight was cool though. People I know out in the Scottish countryside and in the hills got some great images. 

• Paid Members
4 hours ago, Carbomb said:

I buggered off to try and find somewhere dark away from the city, and got home to find my girlfriend had gotten some good shots from slap bang in the middle of Nottingham.

I didn't actually get to the location I was intending to go to, because I could see them clearly through the car window and so just pulled over where I was. The colours were clearly visible to the naked eye, with a very prominent rainbow streaky bit, but I could also see when the classic green "curtain" put in an appearance.aDSC_4128.jpg.4d3576564f006d8cd7223eda1ae9094b.jpg

aDSC_4131.jpg.d1ddd6ff3faa0185547daac173996437.jpg

aDSC_4133.jpg.f6205e53b6e9a53d898f14829d6f8ecb.jpg

aDSC_4144.jpg.d892b1ebe49c15eba954e54fe412cf83.jpg