Charity Shop Wrestling Finds

mim731

• Paid Members

Went to a charity shop today, and among the usual copies of FIFA 17, old suit jackets and mismatched glassware I came across a couple of unexpected wrestling items. 

The first, was this winged eagle pillow. I have no idea why these were produced, but it seemed like something worth a couple of quid. 

20240217_135301.thumb.jpg.b9a2eed544d5f207611534ee304e2130.jpg

Then I turned around and found there was a Lucha Libre themed biscuit cutter set. It's clearly never been used, so again I snapped it up.

20240217_135312.thumb.jpg.ae27d3401b4d39e64a8698a95888d68b.jpg

This all got me thinking, and aside from the odd WWE DVD you don't see tonnes of wrestling stuff in our local charity shops, but have any of you ever found any fun/interesting/bizarre wrestling-related items in a charity shop? Post your second-hand hauls! 

I hate how you barely ever seen hasbro/galoob figures at carboots now, and when you do the seller thinks they are worth 15 quid despite the fact their dog has been chewing on them for 20 years. 

Never had much luck in charity shops for wrestling stuff

Unfortunately, as my learned friend @Chili will attest to, Big Chazza have ruined it. Instead of a couple of retired librarians pricing up toys by guessing, they now look online to see going rates and price accordingly. 

Cherish your finds, lads. Much like ourselves, they are becoming obsolete. 

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, WyattSheepMask said:

We used to sell those Lucha Libre Cookie Cutters where I work. You’ve been ripped off @mim731, they were only £2 new

Hahaha oh well, it was for a good cause so I'll happily take the hit on that one! 

19 hours ago, TibBo said:

I hate how you barely ever seen hasbro/galoob figures at carboots now, and when you do the seller thinks they are worth 15 quid despite the fact their dog has been chewing on them for 20 years. 

Never had much luck in charity shops for wrestling stuff

I was thinking this last year when I did a couple of car boot sales last year. Crazy thing is, that I always forget, is that Hasbros and Galoobs are nearing 35 years old!!! Mad to think that seeing people coming along with 1970's Action Men on those antique shows on TV, that give it another 15-20 years and someone will pop up on the Antiques Roadshow showing off their mint Repo Man Hasbro.