Paid Members BomberPat Posted January 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2024 Choosing between RJ, Taz and Nana is tough! All three are phenomenal, and all three have cracked me up plenty of times, but I'll give the nod to RJ, because Hey EW is appointment viewing.
RedRooster Posted January 31, 2024 Posted January 31, 2024 It'd RJ for me, without a shadow of a doubt. Nana is a lot of fun, and Aldis is tremendous in his role; but what RJ does is - I would argue - more challenging. He's the anchor of a near weekly show that relies on him to work. If a guest isn't funny, he has to pick up the slack. If the guest IS funny (I'll take this opportunity to recommend the recent episode with Mariah May, who really did well in this format), he has to keep up with them. Regardless, he has to be quick-thinking to ensure the whole thing flows. I wish I'd thought of this sooner, but a case could absolutely be made for Hey EW to be nominated for best wrestling show in these awards, and that's entirely down to him.
Paid Members Devon Malcolm Posted January 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2024 It's Paul Heyman, the greatest of all time. No problem with Prince Nana though, mainly for his lovely dances during Swerve's entrance.
Paid Members Hannibal Scorch Posted January 31, 2024 Paid Members Posted January 31, 2024 People voting for Nick Aldi’s over anyone in this list (especially RJ City) is proof of how Brexit happened.
Awards Moderator Frankie Crisp Posted January 31, 2024 Author Awards Moderator Posted January 31, 2024 7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said: People voting for Nick Aldi’s over anyone in this list (especially RJ City) is proof of how Brexit happened. Nick Aldi’s makes me think of JTTS with some cheese at self-checkout.
Chili Posted February 2, 2024 Posted February 2, 2024 I went with RJ. As @RedRoosteropined, Hey! Ew lives or dies by how RJ works the guest. Even the bad episodes are ok and the good ones where he's got someone who gets the format to a tee (Mariah May) or someone far too excited and just really enjoying themselves in Adam Copeland. He's also genuinely real world funny and he drops some of the best references I've heard in wrestling comedy. A proper gift is Hey! Ew.
Recommended Posts