Wrestling Awards - Best Non-wrestler 2023

Wrestling Awards - Best Non-wrestler 2023  

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Paid Members

Choosing between RJ, Taz and Nana is tough! All three are phenomenal, and all three have cracked me up plenty of times, but I'll give the nod to RJ, because Hey EW is appointment viewing. 

It'd RJ for me, without a shadow of a doubt. Nana is a lot of fun, and Aldis is tremendous in his role; but what RJ does is - I would argue - more challenging. He's the anchor of a near weekly show that relies on him to work. If a guest isn't funny, he has to pick up the slack. If the guest IS funny (I'll take this opportunity to recommend the recent episode with Mariah May, who really did well in this format), he has to keep up with them. Regardless, he has to be quick-thinking to ensure the whole thing flows. I wish I'd thought of this sooner, but a case could absolutely be made for Hey EW to be nominated for best wrestling show in these awards, and that's entirely down to him. 

• Paid Members

It's Paul Heyman, the greatest of all time.

No problem with Prince Nana though, mainly for his lovely dances during Swerve's entrance.

• Awards Moderator
7 minutes ago, Hannibal Scorch said:

People voting for Nick Aldi’s over anyone in this list (especially RJ City) is proof of how Brexit happened.

Nick Aldi’s makes me think of JTTS with some cheese at self-checkout.

I went with RJ. As @RedRoosteropined, Hey! Ew lives or dies by how RJ works the guest. Even the bad episodes are ok and the good ones where he's got someone who gets the format to a tee (Mariah May) or someone far too excited and just really enjoying themselves in Adam Copeland. He's also genuinely real world funny and he drops some of the best references I've heard in wrestling comedy. A proper gift is Hey! Ew.