Good Wrestling Twitter 2024

SuperBacon

London was my indie darling as a teenager. You hear wrestlers like Cody - on his tour bus interview show with Orton recently - singing his praises but it doesn't seem to happen a lot and his overall legacy seems muted in an age where all the old indie hands are either getting producer/coach roles or taking their flowers (sorry) elsewhere. 

I always figured he had that kind of apathy that I've increasingly warmed to over the years as probably being really good for your mental health in this cesspit of a business. A bit like RVD but without the star power, obviously. Someone not willing to follow the carrot on the stick just to get a small bit of an extra push, who'll take the fines and suspensions for burning one on the wrist. 

Edited by The Gaffer

• Paid Members

@vintagepuro is another good Twitter account for classic wrestling clips. It’s a lot of 80s/90s All Japan and some old New Japan stuff but it’s great. The guy who runs it does focus on the gaijins of the era a lot, so lots of Terry Funk, Stan Hansen, Terry Gordy, Bruiser Brody etc. 

1 hour ago, The Gaffer said:

London was my indie darling as a teenager. You hear wrestlers like Cody - on his tour bus interview show with Orton recently - singing his praises but it doesn't seem to happen a lot and his overall legacy seems muted in an age where all the old indie hands are either getting producer/coach roles or taking their flowers (sorry) elsewhere. 

I always figured he had that kind of apathy that I've increasingly warmed to over the years as probably being really good for your mental health in this cesspit of a business. A bit like RVD but without the star power, obviously. Someone not willing to follow the carrot on the stick just to get a small bit of an extra push, who'll take the fines and suspensions for burning one on the wrist. 

Not heard that particular expression before. I always think of London as someone who really suffered by WWE not having any real competition , i think he could have been well suited to  WCW. 

5 hours ago, The Gaffer said:

And here is London with the best wrestler in the world, trying to not corpse as London cuts a "promo". Bryan needs to reform The Swarm before he retires!! 

• Paid Members

It gets overshadowed by all the talk of the finish and Bulldog being promised the win only to get fucked over by DX politics but this was such a good match. They always had great chemistry in the ring and this was one of my favourite matches of theirs, minus the result.

Also, is this Bulldog’s last great match? Got to be, hasn’t it? Obviously he wasn’t in the WWF much longer, I don’t remember him doing much of note in Oct/Nov 97 and he was a bloated mess by the time he showed up in WCW in 98. Then it was the back injury, the jeans run in 99 WWF and that was that.