deathrey Posted 3 hours ago Posted 3 hours ago I've never watched Traitors before but I know the premise. James Acaster being in it was my main reason for tuning in Spoiler So I'm hoping @FLipsis correct because if he is out in the first episode, I'll be very disappointed Quote
Paid Members Jazzy G Posted 2 hours ago Paid Members Posted 2 hours ago The problem with picking from two of Richard's main accusers is it's going to be seen as a huge pivot of them going "It must be Richard, he as good as said it" to "I know he said it, but it really can't be him" especially from James Acaster. If Amol Rajan stays he can subtly plant seeds of "Maybe somebody is trying to set him up by doing this" over time but it'd be a heck of a big ask. Should have gone with Jerry Hall and that Bella Ramsey girl as their two picks. This would potentially raise the question of "why would Richard kill one of his staunchest defenders if he was a traitor?" while Bella Ramsey caused chaos in the house. Richard E Grant doesn't care. HE got to be a traitor, in the Traitors and is loving life. HE absolutely needs to be thrown under the bus by the others who can then regroup with him gone. Vicky has never watched Traitors before. We watched it at her mum's last night and now I'm going to have to either watch at the weekend so Vicky can come over and give it a watch, ot pretend I haven't watched the episodes while I watch them again with her. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted 2 hours ago Paid Members Posted 2 hours ago 1 hour ago, stumobir said: Can’t see either of the original Traitors lasting long tbh, Richard’s gone to bits already and Maya doesn’t seem to have clocked that she could work this to her advantage which doesn’t bode well for her long game strategy. Saying that, Alan Carr and Rachel are the two most recent winners so the Faithful don’t exactly have a great track record of following even the most blatant evidence. The fact Stephen made it to the end last year was more miraculous than either of those two for me, I've no idea how he managed to make it all the way to the win, but well done to him for that. 1 hour ago, stumobir said: I like Amol, I was a big fan of his on the Today programme and think he’s done a solid job in the chair on University Challenge, but he was treading a fine line between confident and self-satisfied last night. He's kind of come out recently as a bit of a right-wing wally. Having said that, I do know a few people who worked with him who said that in spite of that (for transparency - they did not say 'in spite of that'...that's my wording) he was really nice. Bella Ramsey really surprised me in that I was expecting Ellie, rather than someone who came across as quite sweet and lovely. Testament to the talented actor they are, I suppose. I felt so sorry for them when Ross started suggesting he might have been murdered. Quote
Paid Members Carbomb Posted 2 hours ago Paid Members Posted 2 hours ago One of my favourite comments I've seen on Richard E. Grant's performance so far: Spoiler "I've gone on The Traitors by mistake" Quote
DavidB6937 Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago 9 million viewers for the opener. 3 million up on last year's. Madness. Quote
deathrey Posted 1 hour ago Posted 1 hour ago (edited) It's a hell of a cast so that doesn't surprise me (assuming they aren't all just Acaster fans like me). I'd go as far as saying I had a negative interest in The Traitors up until this point and actively tried to avoid anything to do with it so if I'm watching it, they've achieved something. Edited 1 hour ago by deathrey Quote
Paid Members tiger_rick Posted 1 hour ago Paid Members Posted 1 hour ago Ludwig had an audience of 9m in the same slot last week so clearly a good position to put a good show in. Decent numbers considering no-one watches the BBC these days, eh? Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted 1 hour ago Paid Members Posted 1 hour ago 8 minutes ago, deathrey said: It's a hell of a cast so that doesn't surprise me (assuming they aren't all just Acaster fans like me). I'd go as far as saying I had a negative interest in The Traitors up until this point and actively tried to avoid anything to do with it so if I'm watching it, they've achieved something. I do worry for him slightly. A friend of mine was at a Scottish gig of his in which he walked out of because of something an audience member apparently said or did. It wasn't persistent heckling or anything like that and may apparently have been a misunderstanding but it does seem like he can be badly affected by challenging situations. Not his fault at all, but not ideal for a high pressure show like this. 7 minutes ago, tiger_rick said: Ludwig had an audience of 9m in the same slot last week so clearly a good position to put a good show in. Decent numbers considering no-one watches the BBC these days, eh? I'm actually really surprised at this - I didn't know anything outside of sport and an elite set of reality shows could even pull in that kind of number in 2026. Fair play to David Mitchell! Quote
deathrey Posted 56 minutes ago Posted 56 minutes ago 9 minutes ago, RedTwoster said: I do worry for him slightly. A friend of mine was at a Scottish gig of his in which he walked out of because of something an audience member apparently said or did. It wasn't persistent heckling or anything like that and may apparently have been a misunderstanding but it does seem like he can be badly affected by challenging situations. Not his fault at all, but not ideal for a high pressure show like this. I have heard similar things with him not coping brilliantly with hecklers at times - other times he seems to cope very well. I imagine with his neurodivergence, the pressure of something like Traitors could be difficult for him. Quote
Paid Members RedTwoster Posted 49 minutes ago Paid Members Posted 49 minutes ago 2 minutes ago, deathrey said: I have heard similar things with him not coping brilliantly with hecklers at times - other times he seems to cope very well. I imagine with his neurodivergence, the pressure of something like Traitors could be difficult for him. In this case he accused the woman of creating a tense atmosphere, said she'd made it uncomfortable for everyone and walked off. My friend (who wasn't the target to be clear) said she had no idea what the person had apparently said or done and she hadn't personally heard any sort of heckle. With it being a smaller, more intimate gig that was a bit odd, so it may have been something as simple as this person whispering to a friend that upset him. I have heard that some of his shows delve deeply into mental health, so perhaps it was during a particularly sensitive subject that this happened and he felt as though the person wasn't being considerate about his struggles. It's a shame, whatever the case. Quote
Recommended Posts
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.