UFC 300 speculation

Bus Surfer

• Paid Members

Yeah I assumed it’s Kadyrov related but haven’t really looked into that.

Apparently there’s gonna be this on Friday…

Surely they’re confident that they’re gonna have the main event locked in by then, otherwise what’s even the fucking point of this? A UFC 300 Q&A? It’s pretty obvious what the first question is gonna be, isn’t it? I think it’s the only question people want answered at this point.

Hopefully this shit gets put to bed on Friday. 

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Woke up early this morning before the kids so whacked that UFC 300 Q&A on. If you were thinking about watching it, don’t bother, save yourself the 40 minutes or whatever it was and do something else. It told us literally nothing we didn’t know already and the fans asking questions were as cringey and embarrassing as ever. 

Only thing that was even half noteworthy was Anik saying he thought Gaethje vs Holloway would probably end up being the 300 headliner. Honestly wouldn’t even surprise me at this point. The clock is ticking and it’s clear they have nothing. The fact Dana didn’t even bother showing up for this Q&A speaks volumes. He doesn’t wanna be asked the question because he doesn’t have the answer.

If we get through this weekend, the 298 post-fight press conference and Dana’s media scrum shite, and they still haven’t confirmed the main event you can basically just assume it’s Gaethje vs Holloway really. Tremendous fight and I don’t wanna be negative at all about that, I’m buzzing for it. But UFC 300 being headlined by the made up BMF belt says it all about how out of ideas they are. It’s a great card anyway but they’ve handled things in such a way they’ve let the speculation take on a life of its own. 

IMG_7965.jpeg

Edited by wandshogun09

• Paid Members

Speculation is over.

Little bit underwhelmed to be honest. Pereira fits but Jamahal Hill headlining UFC 300 just feels piss weak. Whatever. Hopefully everyone can just move on now and start looking forward to the actual card. 

7 hours ago, wandshogun09 said:

Speculation is over.

Little bit underwhelmed to be honest. Pereira fits but Jamahal Hill headlining UFC 300 just feels piss weak. Whatever. Hopefully everyone can just move on now and start looking forward to the actual card. 

This hasn’t gone down well on social media! It’s a decent fight and I think Hill deserves his shot but, yeah Hill headlining 300 seems a bit meh. But as you say now the speculation can stop and we can start looking forward to the card 

• Paid Members

Yeah it’s not even a bad fight. If it had been announced from the outset you’d still have had some moaning but nowhere near as bad. It’s only because it took so long for them to confirm the main event that people started speculating and thinking they must have had something mega up their sleeve.

To be fair though, this is some fucking card.

Alex Pereira vs Jamahal Hill - LHW Title

Zhang Weili vs Yan Xiaonan - SW Title

Justin Gaethje vs Max Holloway - BMF Title

Charles Oliveira vs Arman Tsarukyan 

Jiri Prochazka vs Aleksandar Rakic 

Calvin Kattar vs Aljamain Sterling 

Holly Holm vs Kayla Harrison 

Bobby Green vs Jim Miller 

Bo Nickal vs Cody Brundage 

Sodiq Yusuff vs Diego Lopes

Jessica Andrade vs Marina Rodriguez 

Deiveson Figueiredo vs Cody Garbrandt 

• Paid Members

The card is great, anyone saying otherwise just had unrealistic expactations. Main event isn't amazing, but on any other show there's zero complaints about it.

Belal though, if this is true I don't know what to say:

• Paid Members

Yeah it's an amazing card. If you're booking that in terms of name value and the quality of the fight, Gaethje Vs Holloway goes on last. As it's a nonsense title they still had to have something that could theoretically sit above it. From the moment Max and Justin was announced though, that was the main event in my eyes. Everything else will pale in comparison. 

I really hope the bout order is different on the night than you have listed though Wand, I won't see the fight pass prelims and i'd much rather watch Figgy Smalls claim the remainder of Garbrandt's chin than Holly Holm stifle her way to a win over a depleted Kayla Harrison. Minor complaints though really! 

• 3 weeks later...

Just watched this on last night's broadcast, and it's got me pretty hyped! Yeah, maybe the card could have been a little better, but it's got to be the overall best top to bottom card they've ever put together. 

• Paid Members

Yeah. I like my poster a couple of posts up better. And that took me 2 minutes tops.

I know the posters don’t really matter in the big picture but the lack of effort there is hilarious to me. Also says it all how on a card with a bunch of the most popular fighters on the roster, 3 title fights and 12 current or former champions, the poster is only promoting the UFC brand. 

• Moderators
18 minutes ago, wandshogun09 said:

the poster is only promoting the UFC brand

This is the answer that ChatGPT would give to "describe Dana White's attitude towards fighters value"