Croaking it 2024

Gus Mears

Grayson Murray - PGA tour golfer who withdrew from the Charles Schwab Open on Friday with an illness has died aged 30

https://news.sky.com/story/pga-tour-golfer-grayson-murray-dies-aged-30-13143153

Also sad to report a BBMF pilot has been killed in a crash near Coningsby in a WWII Spitfire. RIP Sir

2 minutes ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

I'm not sure Grayson Murray died of an illness THCS. Sounds like he may have taken his own life. 

A mental illness? 

I did laugh at the second part of his post though. 

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

Also sad to report a BBMF pilot has been killed in a crash near Coningsby in a WWII Spitfire. RIP Sir

Were you a fan of his, Tim?

2 hours ago, gmoney said:

Were you a fan of his, Tim?

Yep. Love vintage aircraft and the pilots that fly them. Partly why I'm in the Air Cadets now as I'm quite passionate about aircraft and militaria. 

Not sure why I keep being asked if I'm a fan of something, but there we go. 

• Paid Members
Posted (edited)
10 hours ago, Keith Houchen said:

A mental illness? 

I did laugh at the second part of his post though. 

A mental illness may be right Keith, the fella definitely seemed to have his struggles. 

I didn't laugh at the second part. I'm not a flag shagger but just because of where I live the RAF plays a pretty big role in my daily life. My nieces kids go to a school named after a second world war pilot who got a VC, the estate my nephew lives on, all the roads are named after Bomber Command VC recipient's. I have friends who are in the RAF, and I have friends who work at RAF Conningsby where the accident happened. So my laughter on one of the BBMF crashing is generally not that forthcoming. 

Edited by Lion_of_the_Midlands

• Paid Members
9 hours ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

Not sure why I keep being asked if I'm a fan of something, but there we go. 

I'm asking because you just seem to be posting deaths in here for the sake of it, like Pat used to. An RAF pilot listed in a celebrity death thread? 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, gmoney said:

I'm asking because you just seem to be posting deaths in here for the sake of it, like Pat used to. An RAF pilot listed in a celebrity death thread? 

A pilot that's bought joy to many many many people is probably more known than a random anime cartoonist that the vast majority won't have heard of.

LotM sums it up for me much better

Edited by Tim Healys Chutney Spoon

2 hours ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

So my laughter on one of the BBMF crashing is generally not that forthcoming. 

My laughter wasn’t based around the death, which is horrible, but the “Sad to report” like it’s a Sky News presenter on air delivering breaking news. Plus this thread is about celebrity deaths. And the RIP Sir sign off reminded me of pricks when Captain Tom died. 

1 minute ago, Lion_of_the_Midlands said:

STOP CALLING HIM CAPTAIN TOM, THATS SIR CAPTAIN TOM TO YOU YOU ONE LUNGED INFIDEL 🙂

Didn’t he get a promotion before his family killed him?

7 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

Yes I saw that, hence the edit. Keep stalking though 

Replying to someone is stalking? Are you sure you aren’t pat tldr? You didn’t even name the guy who died, or even link to the story. It’s the equivalent of “Someone died in a car crash near me” in a Celebrity death thread. 

22 minutes ago, Tim Healys Chutney Spoon said:

pilot that's bought joy to many many many people is probably more known than a random anime cartoonist that the vast majority won't have heard of.

I'm not trying to undermine your grief or how you feel, but that's a bit unfair IMO.

Everyone's feelings are relative to them.