US politics

Tim Healys Chutney Spoon

On 7/23/2024 at 4:48 PM, mim731 said:

She apparently said in an interview or similar that she quite liked Trump, even if she didn't totally agree with everything he says. It got some traction in the news cycle so presumably she's trying to further elongate the relevancy of the story. Why anyone would care, given she's clearly thick as mince, I could not tell you. 

I'd really like this meeting to take place now that Farrage has had to come home without getting to pay homage in person.

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Merzbow said:

American politics is something I'd rarely ever comment on, I'm your typical "fuck both sides" type but christ if Trump wns it's not him you have to worry about, it's the fact that in his ear he has maybe the biggest proponent of Curtis fucking Yarvin. JD Vance owes the entirety of his rise to Peter Thiel and along with him the government will be directly influenced by Elon Musk, another big fan of Yarvin. Techno-Fascism isn't the thing of pulpy cyberpunk books any longer.

Peter Thiel is one truly nasty piece of work. I don't know anything about Yarvin, but if he's in the same camp as Thiel, he must be an abject wretch.

8 minutes ago, Carbomb said:

Peter Thiel is one truly nasty piece of work. I don't know anything about Yarvin, but if he's in the same camp as Thiel, he must be an abject wretch.

If you've ever heard of the edgelord right-wing philosophy known as "Dark Enlightenment" it's the guy behind that along with Nick Land, a lot of it's taken from Thiel himself who also funded the movement. It's all the same circle. There's a very good intro here.

https://gregolear.substack.com/p/dark-enlightenment-part-one-the-cathedral

But yeah, a lot of your ultra rich tech guys are heavily in to it.

Edited by Merzbow

• Paid Members
2 hours ago, Merzbow said:

If you've ever heard of the edgelord right-wing philosophy known as "Dark Enlightenment" it's the guy behind that along with Nick Land, a lot of it's taken from Thiel himself who also funded the movement. It's all the same circle. There's a very good intro here.

https://gregolear.substack.com/p/dark-enlightenment-part-one-the-cathedral

But yeah, a lot of your ultra rich tech guys are heavily in to it.

A very well written, if disturbing and very American liberal back-slappy, read.

Eat their young moment here, the prick that shot people dead and got away with it said he might not vote Trump (he is now and retracted) but it gave a few curious hours where some people went completely out of their tree.

I'd love to be a crisis actor, it must be the steadiest work in the industry.

• 3 weeks later...