Bellator 299 & 300 - oh, and Bellator 301.

Egg Shen

• Paid Members
1 hour ago, Kfogg1991 said:

Where has this stuff going about online and Dana got asked about it at the press conference after the contender series about bellator going out of business and would he be interested in any of their fighters.

What the fuck has happened and why is it stopping, I actually sometimes prefer watching bellator over a UFC fight night card and have done a few times this year. I'm genuinely abit shocked it's being talked about 

Check earlier in the thread, man - it's looking increasingly likely that Bellator will be subsumed into PFL.

• Paid Members

Bit of a shame that. Not that I'm clamouring to see a Ryan Bader title defence or anything, but it was nice to see an pretty unheralded Brit get his chance at the belt, I fancied Vassell to win too. Quite surprised they didn't keep Bader on the card and just draft in a heavyweight, but maybe they are thinking if PFL does continue to run Bellator shows they can keep Bader for another day.

Still, 300 is a weird ass show. I posted it here when it was originally announced, but 4 title fights on one show sounds like a big deal but it's 4 of the most underwhelming title fights the promotion has put on in years all grouped together. Still might be alright though, Cyborg should cut through Zingano with ease and Usman Nurmagamedov is always worth your time.

1 hour ago, Egg Shen said:

Bit of a shame that. Not that I'm clamouring to see a Ryan Bader title defence or anything, but it was nice to see an pretty unheralded Brit get his chance at the belt, I fancied Vassell to win too. Quite surprised they didn't keep Bader on the card and just draft in a heavyweight, but maybe they are thinking if PFL does continue to run Bellator shows they can keep Bader for another day.

Still, 300 is a weird ass show. I posted it here when it was originally announced, but 4 title fights on one show sounds like a big deal but it's 4 of the most underwhelming title fights the promotion has put on in years all grouped together. Still might be alright though, Cyborg should cut through Zingano with ease and Usman Nurmagamedov is always worth your time.

I'm actually kinda excited for this show tbh we're going to be in Majorca and there's a two hour time difference so I won't be watching any of it live unfortunately, however I'm bringing our firestick with us for the apartment and I'll get up and watch abit of it then the main card by the pool with a beer 

• Paid Members

The event basically summed up modern day Bellator. The added pagentry and celebration of the 300 shows was a nice touch but as always, the fights didn't deliver. The undercard was decent enough, but the main card was a massive letdown, fun Cyborg squash aside. The fights weren't great on paper and they didn't exceed any expectation. Bellator for whatever reason just doesn't deliver in the cage.

• Paid Members
28 minutes ago, d-d-d-dAz said:

No idea what’s going on. By all accounts they don’t expect to exist in 2024.

Wouldn't it simply carry over to PFL if they do merge? Maybe PFL is wavering and they're trying to guarantee Fabian will be on the roster to make the takeover more appealing (it's a stretch, but I can't think why else).

• Paid Members

Who knows?

With Showtime shutting its combat sports doors in December its all but certain 301 will be the last Bellator event in its current form.

Id like to see them exist seperately but have crossovers on the roster, just have them fight between both promotions.

...oh, and get rid of Big John and Josh Thomson.