Bellator 299 & 300 - oh, and Bellator 301.

Egg Shen

• Egg Shen changed the title to Bellator 299 & 300 - oh, and Bellator 301.

Usman Nurmagomedov has failed a test and has been suspended for six months. His Grand Prix match with Primus has been declared a no centest, which seems to throw the whole thing into chaos. Should Primus just go to the final now? Should they replay the fight once the suspension has finished? Should be be kicked out of the tourney for being a cheat? Will be interesting what they do, and if Usman is booted out, then the cheating would have cost him a $1 million dollar fight with Pitbull, which is a big own goal from him.

• Paid Members

I’m convinced Rebney cast a spell on the place on his way out the door. So many fights over the years that looked great on paper have ended up being wet farts. I know you can’t 100% guarantee any fight will deliver but it’s so common with Bellator to not deliver, it’s just weird. Can’t even blame the matchmaking, a lot of the time they put fights together that you’d think would be quality. They just fall flat on the night for whatever reason.

That main card looks good, to be fair. I’m interested in all 5 fights to varying degrees. Pettis vs Mix is the one for me though. 

Oh my god I'm so happy I decided to watch this show live instead of UFC tonight. 

I really do enjoy bellator cards and honestly when they show up and deliver they really do deliver, it's just a shame they do have inconsistencies and you get cards like bellator 300 which should have stole the show turn out to be so boring and underwhelming.

I don't know if it's because I watched the prelims at my friend's house with a few beers and my best mate is very new to MMA and has never even heard of bellator let alone watched any of it but I really enjoyed the prelims from the very start and first fight. 

But the main card was so so good and everything on it showed why there worthy of a main card Spot but also how many exciting and underrated fighters they have on their roster.

Seeing patchy mix get the win and submit someone like Pettis was unbelievable and absolutely deserved.

Then the main event was so so good with Jackson getting the knock out win against the champion that hasn't been beaten in that fashion for so so long once again absolutely deserving the win and holding the belt.

Last bit from me it destroyed me slightly inside watching Pitbull get so dominated and absolutely battered in the opening fight on the main card he got his lunch money taken from him which sucked to watch cos I really do like him as a fighter.

But yeah really really great show and even if just the main card I can't recommend it any stronger 

I watched this, and cant see how anyone could say it was a good main card. The Pitbull fight was unbelievably boring, the McKee fight wasnt much cop, and the Pettis/Mix fight was very disappointly one sided. The main and the Stots fight were good though.

• Paid Members
3 hours ago, Dai said:

I watched this, and cant see how anyone could say it was a good main card. The Pitbull fight was unbelievably boring, the McKee fight wasnt much cop, and the Pettis/Mix fight was very disappointly one sided. The main and the Stots fight were good though.

The Bellator curse is alive and well. I really just don't get it. This PFL thing was much needed.

Edited by Egg Shen